Dolomites

Im heading to the Dolomites this summer for a few weeks of climbing and was wondering if anyone had anything they would like to mention about their trip or their friends trips into the region..? Some suggestions on routes and such..

I saw someones page that was posted on the Alps thread but most of the climbs they did were on the easy side, I was looking for routes in 10ish region

thanks in advance for any tips or ideas, im getting ready to book some huts and to prepare a rough itinerary

Cheers

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to climb in the Dolomites, but spent some time in the area. If you have a chance on a rest day, I would suggest you check out Lago di Garda-one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. It's not far from el Arco if you are interested in sport routes.

lakegardapcl0411_hl.jpg

There are castles everywhere in that region, but this one was especially rad because of the water. It's in Sirmione:

sirmione.jpg

purdy pictures, thanks ill keep that on my mind.

im mostly into climbing big faces, 10 -20 pitch type things. Ive got a pretty good tick list so far but I thought I would see if any one has anything to add.

Thanks