a

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross-post your message to the Newbies forum and you shouldn't have much trouble hooking up with someone. You'll probably have to trade crash-space at your digs in Winthrop, but that should be all good. Mebbe they'll even take you up to WA Pass for some kind granite goodness.

I don't know how long you've been watching this board, but if you haven't been lurking for long, be prepared for the inevitable n00b-thrash that is sure to ensue. It will involve a bunch of peeps telling you to go take a course, read some books, hire a guide, rent an MLU, learn how to use a map and compass/GPS, take moonlit walks on the beach and stay off the slopes, yadda yadda yadda. Be brave, be resolute, stick it out, and you should be OK.

You might want to be a little more specific about what kind of climbing you want to do. Rainier is a lot of slogging as apposed to rock or steep ice. But there are more interesting routes if you want to push it. North Cascades climbing can be steep ice, steep rock or just steep snow.

Are you interested in multi-pitch alpine granite?

Alpine ice?

Mixed?

Just some ideas to kick around.

Just a logical hunch here, but I'm assuming he's talking about simply summitting.

What some would incorrectly dismiss simply as "the easy route" (thus the problem I've seen for a lot of people trying to break into the sport).

But yeah, if you were a little more specific you will find someone closer matched to what youre after.