Rainier DC slog 6/09 & 6/10. Good for 1st timer.

Bug

A friend wants to climb Rainier. We are willing to take on an able 3rd. "Able" means you can run 5 miles and like it. Even better, be able to run up hills.

We are not super fast or intense but do believe in being in good shape. Please don't be slow. You know who you are.

You do not need to have any Nepalese summits on your resume.

Muir hut bivy.

Standard gear for DC route. Crampons, ice ax, ascender or prussicks, harness, no cotton, etc.

PM me if interested.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been many responders.

I prefer to have only 3 on a rope and there are 3 of us now.

But there are enough of you out there that are interested to start your own rope.

If you want to get yourselves together and meet up at Muir, I will show you what I know about setting up a Z pulley extraction system and other important details for slogging up the DC. You can do this on this route fairly safely since there is a well beaten path to the summit. You do have to have all your own gear and have some reading done but that is probably a given for all of you already.

I am not offering to guide you nor even stay with you on the route, just give you some useful tips for survivng on a glacier.

I'd be interested in forming/getting on another rope team. Let me know if anyone else is.

Hey Bug, I know how and have practiced setting up a z pulley. However I'd be interested in hearing some of those other important details, since I havnt gone for a summit attempt yet. Only been to muir.

Is there still a spot open? I am coming out alittle early for a bugaboos trip and have been dieing to get a good slog in. I am a compete rock climber, have climbed three non-glaciated alpine peaks with snow slopes up to ~50 degrees and am a decent edurance runner. I am comfortable setting up 2:1 and 3:1 pulley systems on rock etc. Basically let me know if there is a spot for a glacier noob.

Judd

juddmacrae@gmail.com