George W.

kevbone

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No truer words were spoken.

“A man name George started this country. A man named George is going to end this country”

Columbian yesterday! Don’t know who wrote it.

I thought you might have seen this little article. 75% of Americans Say U.S. Headed in Wrong Direction

That lines up fairly neatly with the 29% approval rating for Congress stated in last week's Gallup Poll.

People elected him because they thought he seemed like a good guy. Problem is being a good guy doesn't always make for a good president.

Heck, I think he'd make a fine neighbor, the sort of guy you'd invite over for a barbecue. But I wouldn't put him in charge of the neighborhood association, let alone the country.

People elected him because they thought he seemed like a good guy. Problem is being a good guy doesn't always make for a good president.

Heck, I think he'd make a fine neighbor, the sort of guy you'd invite over for a barbecue. But I wouldn't put him in charge of the neighborhood association, let alone the country.

Ok…there are no truer words than these spoken. Well said.

People are so ignorant that all of government gets tarred with the same brush.

What about this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

"it passed the House on October 10, 2002 by a vote of 296-133, and the Senate on October 11 by a vote of 77-23"

shhhh.... They don't want hear about that. They might have to accept responsiblity too.

Its time for you to sssshhhh. You are in the minority now.

Duh, that resolution was based on the flawed information that Bush gave to congress. Had that information been factual, the vote would have been different.

That's crap. Anybody who was even remotely paying attention, and who bothered to read even the stories in mainstream media all the way through to the extensions on page ten, KNEW the justifications for the war were B.S. Specifically, it was public and clear that (1) we had Iraq surrounded and Saddam posed no current threat to anybody, (2) if he had any weapons program at all, which the inspectors who actually had been on the ground said he did not, it was weak at best, (3) Iraq had no connection with Al Queda, (4) there was no attempt to purchase Uranium in Africa, etc. etc.

The vote mostly went as it did not because our representatives in Washington were fooled, but because they didn't dare say what they knew to be true: the case for the war was all lies from the get-go. That authorization wasn't justified even if you thought Saddam was a bad guy we'd have to deal with sooner or later, which some of them may have thought. The authorization was granted because they were afraid to be called "weak on defense."

They were all afraid for their political lives. To many in Congress, to vote "no" was thought to be suicide. The public was in panic as a result of 9/11. They figured it was safer to vote yes and deal with the consequences later.

It doesn't matter what Congress knew, it matters what the public knew and at that time, the public thought Iraq was a threat.

Edited by catbirdseat