Tikka saves your hide

jon

Friday night my Tikka saved my ass again. Riding along L. Wa. Blvd in Seattle in the dark on my bike going home to Bellevue my trusty NiteRider goes out. I forgot to charge it the night before and I was hating life. Luckily I had my Tikka in my backpack and it provided just enough light for me to get home without getting hit by a car. It is so small there is no reason not to take it.

Anyone have any similar stories?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a dangerous stretch of road on a Friday night. I get off work sometimes as late as 1 or 2 in the morning and have had beer bottles and lit cigarettes thrown at me on my bike ( we have the same commuter route jon) by the punks in passing cars. If I didn't have on my Tikka maybe I would have gone unnoticed.Alpine K ....What kind of a car do you drive?

Yeah that is a fun commute! This morning I had some chick honking at me, I won't repeat what I yelled at her. Then going over the montlake bridge I had some dude run into me not watching where he was going (and dumbshit wasn't wearing a helmet), unfortunately he decided to run into the wrong guy and I pretty much flattened his ass cause i had no where to go. He's lucky he fell off his bike where he did or he would have gone into oncoming traffic.

Bronco I guess the Tikka helps the girbel see where he's goin huh [Wazzup]

you know i used to be skeptical about the Tikka. Then I got one as early Xmas present. Now I love the Tikka. Tikka is so light weight and pretty useful. put it in your pocket and carry it up the route. I wonder how good it will be for night bushwacking though because the light does not go as far as my old Zoom. But i see that Petzl is discontinuing the 4.5V flat-battery model Zoom. too bad because those batteries are $3CDN at MEC and $7 US in the States. I always take a box with me while road trippin and fund my road trip.

I used one around the Hostels up in the Rockies and realized that this little things throws off a ton of light. I also left it in the truck overnight (-27 deg c) and it still worked fine in the cold.

I will be using it more this summer for those unplanned night descents!

One thing to note is the illumination does fall off quick once the batteries get low, but I have yet to experience that.

Dan E.