conditions on st helens and adams.

godskid5

we are looking for conditions of st helens on the worm flow route.

we are climbing at midnight sunday. we are wanting to know if we should take snowshoes/skis, or if booting it in would work. how much snow, etc...

so, keep the info coming up until sunday. any pics would be great too.

also, if you could keep posting about conditions at adams. we are planning on the mazama glacier route second weekend in june. more specifically on this one, road conditions to trail head.

thanks

dave

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what route are you taking? were going mazama glacier, so hopefully there wont be a huge crowd! at least not up the first part.

ive been to the website, just hoping for the most current info from those whove been up the mountain. the closer to the weekend were going the better. thanks

thanks for conditions info.

The standard south route....with skis. Hopefully down the SW chutes...if my bum left knee holds up, that is. Testing out the knee in the Gunks over Memorial Day weekend. We will see. My first time up Adams, but I understand that it gets popular as a ski run after the road opens.

very popular. the longer the season goes on, the longer the line up the south ridge. there are other routes that are fairly easy, but with less people. not sure about how they are for skiing though, as i have never been on skis before!

yeah, were leaving on sunday and coming back on monday. so, either day you go, we'll be there.

planning on doing the mazama glacier on sunday, and camping at the top when we connect with the south ridge trail.

getting ready to head to bed now. gonna head up st helens bout midnight tonight!!

ill post a report soon.

dave