crossfithel bbq/open house

On Saturday, June 2nd, 2007, CrossFit Human Evolution Labs will have an open BBQ for all members, member candidates, and guests. This is an open BBQ and they will supply the meat and "refreshments" - you bring the sides. The party will start at 2:00PM and go until everyone leaves.

RSVP's are encouraged so they can get an idea on how much food to get - and how many kegs to get! To RSVP, call or email.

www.crossfithel.com

Good opportunity to see what crossfit is all about.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of things:

Are you saying people will pay to hit a tire with a hammer? temp_016.jpg

Cause I have a Friggan goldmine in my back yard. Some old batteries too in case theres money in that too.

2nd) Are you suggesting that people don't get out of town, and thats why the Sat. BBQ?

3rd) If this is what you are doing to get in shape, then sign me up cause it must be working.

4th) Beer is free you say? You gonna be there?

Crossfithel offers a number of classes specific to particular "areas of interest" one of those being fire fighters... that particular class... and as a result the workouts of the day they do... gets one in shape for the physical exam that firefighters take as a part of getting a job.

That work out they are doing involved 3 rounds of:

15 overhead squats w/ 95 lbs

450 m run w/ firehouse

40 tire hits

for time.

Come suffer Bill. You would love it :)

• 2 weeks later...

bump

This Saturday @ 2 pm:

- free beer :brew:

- free BBQ :chebit:

- cute girls that could do more pull ups or pushups than an entire SEA pub club combined :grlaf:

why wouldn't you come? :wazup:

For you current Xfitters who want to get in on the WOD or those of you who want to see what a Workout of the Day is all about show up a little before 1 pm.

may_9_006.jpg

may_18_028.jpg

may_29_020.jpg

skull www.crossfithel.com skull

• 2 weeks later...
So this whole "level" and T-shirt thing? Did they steal the idea from the Scientologists?

I laughed at the idea when I found out I had to wear a shirt that said "recruit" across the back for a month... after completing the boot camp and earning my basic cert (almost to my advanced :rawk:) the concept makes complete sense to me.

Then again I could have just been brain washed :crosseye:

You're a crossfitter Ade... they don't have cert levels at your gym? :wazup:

I laughed at the idea when I found out I had to wear a shirt that said "recruit" across the back for a month...

If any pdx'ers want to get an awesome workout without the pseudo-military/scary craziness (i.e. you don't want to be referred to as a "killer" :crosseye:), come check out Crossfit Portland. No offense of course!. :grin: www.crossfitportland.com

How does the concept make sense?

We typically try and have an enviornment where everyone helps and supports everyone else regardless of what stage of their physically development/training they are in. I work out with people lots stronger than me as well as people who are less strong and I can't see how a t-shirt/lable would improve that.

How does the concept make sense?

To explain the t shirt thing one is loosely expected to wear the recruit t-shirt until one passes both boot camp and earns the basic cert. Just about anyone who passes the boot camp can/should be able to earn the basic cert.

At the point you pass the basic cert you can wear anything you want.

If you are asking how would a t shirt help the "supportive environment" it isn't intended for that... the supportive environment comes from the members of the gym.

My interpretation (then again I could be wrong... it isn't my gym) of the t shirt thing is it is more a subtle motivation for individuals to complete their basic cert as people grow tired of camo quickly.

Yes you do earn a shirt as you pass each cert (more on that below) but I don't wear mine religiously since earning my basic cert.

BTW, what is basic and advanced?

Kevin took the ideas from Crossfit North in Seattle (www.crossfitnorth.com/articles/Athletic_Skill_Standards.pdf) and I know other facilities do something similar... basically this concept isn't something new.

The idea is more a way encourage people to set goals as well as a way to chart progress as one completes WODs... not to create a hierarchy. I can assure you the gym is a very supportive environment.

On the crossfithel site under the programs and membership tab you can view the requirements for the four levels.

what are you shy on for this arbitrary "advanced" designation?

1 minute handstand hold :blush: Once I get that I can do the workout challenge which one has to wait till the end to do.

My interpretation (then again I could be wrong... it isn't my gym) of the t shirt thing is it is more a subtle motivation for individuals to complete their basic cert as people grow tired of camo quickly.

Goodness, they make you wear camo too? It's even more whacked then I thought! :lmao: