question for the other women here

daisy

... umm Im kinda embarassed to ask this cause I will have to explain why.

But, can any of you recommend a "pee funnel" and where to buy one? It looks like I will be going ice climbing in Canada after Christmas, and I guess it will be pretty cold. I have gone winter camping and skiing before, and I have tried and tried to learn how to pee into a ziplock in my sleeping bag without the funnel, but... well, lets just say there are drip issues. So I want to try one of the funnels but don't know where you get them. Does REI carry them? I didn't see "pee funnel" in the catalogue.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi daisey,My wife packs a unit called sani fresh by freshette or freshette by sani fresh- yes I think thats it . got it at rei. I call it the equalizer.

she said it took her awhile to "let go" the first time. BTW in bad weather it can save you. In jan. I saw a woman with her pants around her ankles get hit with a gust of wind and got knocked over. Embarrassing for her.

I got's a couple of pee-funnel stories.

Pee Device Story #1: Several years ago, I was foolish enough to volunteer for a mountain rescue unit. (That's another story...but for the curious, it was an basically an impenetrable clique of people who couldn't climb). A group of us were hiking through Glacier Basin on Mt. Rainier when it was time for a piss-stop. A couple of us dudes went to some bushes to uncoil our mighty fire hoses and we were soon joined by the lone Betty in the group (and in the rescue club as well). She unzipped her fly and pee'd right next us. Needless to say, it left us dazed and confused. She thought our reactions were hilarious and displayed for us a device called a "Wizmo" (a brand of pee-funnel) which she recommends to all female outdoor participants.

Pee Device Story #2: I used to teach a month long expedition class in the Winter and I invited Princess Wizmo to come to my class and give the gals a speech. She urged them to "practice in the shower" and each purchased a device. A week later, while hiking near our snowy campsite, I heard some giggling around the corner. All five females were trying to write their names in a snowbank. That alone, it seems, would be worth the price of the tool.

- Dwayner

daisy, if you're looking for something to use in a tent, i can recommend dedicating a nalgene bottle. the trick to no drippage is that you have to make contact with the top of the bottle. nalgene bottles have wide mouths, so they work well in the tent. one comment though. make sure you mark the bottle, else you end up peeing accidentally in your water bottle, which i have done. and NO, boyz, i did not then accidentally drink it, but i sure was pissed. tongue.gif" border="0

good thread, btw. i'm going to have to practice the techniques from the website ted posted.