Yates Handcuffs and M9 Handcuffs

wdietsch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used the handcuffs. They are very plush. Not exactly what Twight would recommend... tongue.gif" border="0

The best thing about them is their absolute comfort and security. They have a rock solid grip on your wrist, that is quite comfy. The downside is weight, plastic buckles, and a strip of velcro (heavy, durability, and ices up, respectively) that is used to secure the tails. I would recommend them if you are big into comfort/security, but there are certainly tradeoffs.

I am very curious to try the Ice cuff (alpine stripped down version). They look a lot like the trango leashes on the Captian Hook tools, or the BD Robo's. They also compete well with price of other basic leashes.

Anothe bummer is that they are usually sold in pairs, so you might not be able to find just one if you want to.

Cheers

[big Drink]

Shawn

• 2 months later...

bringing this back up to the top hoping to perhaps get a little more feedback. In particular I am interested in the "Ice Axe Handcuffs" as Yates calls them, the Alpine units Ibex refers to.

Ibex.. is the plastic buckle that you refer to on the wrist strap?

quote:

Originally posted by wdietsch:
bringing this back up to the top hoping to perhaps get a little more feedback. In particular I am interested in the "Ice Axe Handcuffs" as Yates calls them, the Alpine units Ibex refers to.Ibex.. is the plastic buckle that you refer to on the wrist strap?

W.D.

If i correctly understood your question, yes. It is the ladderlock buckle that "locks" your wrist to the leash. The tail of strap that goes through the buckle is secured with velcro.

The other buckle on the leash is a beefy aluminum one that secures the leash to the tool.

smile.gif" border="0

Cheers! [big Drink]

[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: Ibex ]