How Long should projects remain virgin?

Stewart

There is a list of people that the route would have been handed down to, including myself. However, you are right in the fact that none of us would have asked to climb it.

Maybe you can change your name if you care to post after this event.

Maybe one day you will become humble, I feel as though you cannot recognize that you are in fact becoming humble. Nothing wrong with that.

History is History. You climbed it!

I will be contacting you soon in regards to other issues.

Hopefully everyone will learn something from this, I know that I have.

Stewart

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow G-Spotter, your still here!

Didn't I send you back to Spray? Ahh, once you've got the disease its tough to get rid of. Isn't there anything happening up in Canada ehh!

Again, your comments are amazing!

Please go away! I could meet you in spray, but I don't think your ready for the verbal assault! You make me tired with your Canadian education.

Stewart

Wow G-Spotter, your still here!

Didn't I send you back to Spray? Ahh, once you've got the disease its tough to get rid of. Isn't there anything happening up in Canada ehh!

Again, your comments are amazing!

Please go away! I could meet you in spray, but I don't think your ready for the verbal assault! You make me tired with your Canadian education.

Stewart

hey stewie, stfu n00b

I see how you are. Your Spray buddy just sent me a PM and asked me to stop messing with you. Apparently, he's afraid you'll get banned and then he won't get to read your post's.

So, I'll see ya next time. Yeah, mama jokes. Brilliant!

Stewart

Ok, say I made a call to Kevin or Jason ( I do have both of your numbers), Jason finally decides he’s not up to the line and is willing to give it up. Kevin is next up (really sorry to make assumptions), however, he as a new father has had little time to stay in climbing shape and will need the rest of the summer to get back in shape. The summer passes and the line is not sent. What then? The route is handed down again and another year passes.

Yes another year passes…..go climb something else. That is how I see it.

I on the other hand would happily have given the “rights away”, for the exact reason you mentioned above. I couldn’t climb 5.2 right now.

Btw I was never asked to call Kevin or Jason

I just thought is was an unspoken decency to make an attempt at getting a hold of the developer when you know how and when the red tag got on the climb.

There are surprising few new moderately hard lines going up in Portland Metro nowadays. Yes there is room for more and I am developing, but most of what’s left over are contrived squeeze jobs or simply unpleasant to climb unaesthetic glue jobs.

Our biggest fear with the new area in question is newbie’s coming in and adding a bolt in-between existing lines to make an extension or gluing or squeeze jobs. That place is almost taped out. This would ruin the character of the place and cause a serious ruckus. Please do not do this.

I was told by Kevin and others that Jason had hurt Himself AFTER he developed the line in a totally isolated incident. Had he been hurt preparing, this would be a much different story, and I would have not considered climbing the line.

Why would it be different? The point is he is hurt himself. before/after…..to me it makes no difference. He still wanted to climb it.

Kevin, I did respect your wishes…a year ago. One whole season passes and there is no end in sight. It was good of you to show me around the area, because of that kindness at the time, I avoided it.

Thanks…..that was a good day. I enjoyed showing you around and climbing next to you and Kendra that day. I hope we will all get past this soon.

My ethic is that all routes are open after a reasonable period (a month max).

A month…..wait until you have a wife/house/kids…..a month is pocket change. See Jens post

Yes I am actively working a line which I prepared and it is open to all.

Where?

The mountaineers put'n up routes :lmao:

I'm soooo done with this thread...why do I allways let myself get sucked in.

Oh I know!!!! Dick Heads :wave: never know when to STFU

"mountaineers"? Most of those "mounties" climb 8a+ at a minimum...

Rule #1 Make all attempts to contact developers before poaching a route

Rule #2 Always follow Rule #1

Rule #3 After poaching said route, keep it to yourself and move on.

Rule #4 When starting a new on-line account, never call yourself Egoboy.

Rule #5 Always follow Rule #1

I think we get the idea. As I've said before, Hopefully everyone has learned something. May we all move on to poach route's in a more appropriate way, in the future.

Stewart

Come on, I'm not going to click on your comment.

Now run along, back to spray!

God, its like trying to get a puppy to stop peeing on the carpet!

you don't have to click to find out where it goes. if you "mouse over" meaning move the little arrow over the link and look in the bottom left or you monitor it will tell you where the link goes.

Muffy tip of the day ;)

Rule #1 Make all attempts to contact developers before poaching a route

Rule #2 Always follow Rule #1

Rule #3 After poaching said route, keep it to yourself and move on.

Rule #4 When starting a new on-line account, never call yourself Egoboy.

Rule #5 Always follow Rule #1

Yay, rules. You should ask the mountaineers to add that to their climbing code. :grlaf:

Come on, I'm not going to click on your comment.

Now run along, back to spray!

God, its like trying to get a puppy to stop peeing on the carpet!

I notice you're still reading and responding to his posts. Rather than telling people what to do, where to go, or generating your own spray with moronic Canadian jokes why not simply click Ignore this user?

What a concept! :ooo:

Or even more simply, just don't read his posts. Spelling this out for you makes me think that you don't have much room to be knocking Canadian education. After all our US education system is ranked higher right?

EgoBoy, routes have been handed down several times out at "unnamed Crag" Didn't you study your history book?

Is it not true that you were givin Jason's number by the elder before the project was sent?

Do you not agree that "The Humbling" is the perfect name for that route with all the events that have takin place?

Thanks for the lessons!

Stewart

maybe you could call the route "The Bumbling".

On a similar note how long should the pig have remained hanging on Model Worker? Trust me a lot of work went into hanging it.

All and all an interesting fight, but I have no real opinion to post.

edit: shit I failed to realize I had to make it to page 6 :crosseye:

Here's a real opinion: A 6 page online argument means nothing

Edited by AlpineK