How Long should projects remain virgin?

Stewart

You are very good at sidestepping questions. You still have not answered the question.

Comon dude you asked a dumb question, what do you expect. If one of YOUR friends gave crystal meth to his own kid would you let him off cause he's a friend? Probably not. Probably if a friend did that they wouldn't be your friend aymore, right? But really it's a bullshit hypothetcal qustin designd to imply that you friends are meth heads, right? Same with you and your "If one of your friends was a total wanker and asked to to stay off a proj for two years would you do it" question. My friends aren't wankers so the question is unaskable.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are very good at sidestepping questions. You still have not answered the question.

Comon dude you asked a dumb question, what do you expect. If one of YOUR friends gave crystal meth to his own kid would you let him off cause he's a friend? Probably not. Probably if a friend did that they wouldn't be your friend aymore, right? But really it's a bullshit hypothetcal qustin designd to imply that you friends are meth heads, right? Same with you and your "If one of your friends was a total wanker and asked to to stay off a proj for two years would you do it" question. My friends aren't wankers so the question is unaskable.

Crimp.....you want to tackle this one?

okay, time-out!

Lets agree to disagree. It's been over two years, so maybe it was a matter of time before something like this occurred. It's unfortunate that it was done out of disrespect. Moving forward, I don't think chopping bolts will solve anything... which is where ego comes into play. In the interim "crimper" is right... time will tell.

in fairnes to the sender, i guess i should clarify that i don't think he sent the climb out of intentional dis respect, but rather out of a lack of respect. i think there is a big difference.

i don't think he meant to piss anyone, or anticipated a negative response from anyone except maybe the routsetter. he actually told me that after the send he went out of his way to inform people of his send, so that others would go out and do the climb now. this supports his reasoning that he wanted to get the climb open to others, and also that he was not trying to hide his send in any way.

btw, it is an awesome line, and would see traffic anywhere. assuming the routesetter cools off and doesn't do anything rash, i look forward to finally climbing it on lead.

i don't think he meant to piss anyone, or anticipated a negative response from anyone except maybe the routsetter. he actually told me that after the send he went out of his way to inform people of his send, so that others would go out and do the climb now.

I think he told people solely for his own ego. To say he did it to open it to the public is bullshit and he knows it. Climbing is selfish in nature……and RYAN PALO is one selfish person.

Edited by kevbone

i don't think he meant to piss anyone, or anticipated a negative response from anyone except maybe the routsetter. he actually told me that after the send he went out of his way to inform people of his send, so that others would go out and do the climb now.

I think he told people solely for his own ego. To say he did it to open it to the public is bullshit and he knows it. Climbing is selfish in nature……and RYAN PALO is one selfish person.

OH SNAP! you did NOT just call out Ryan DID YOU?

OMG!

grow up bitches.

Yeah, but everybody knows it gets RE-named now. Something that reflects on the "thief". How about "Mutant Ninja Gym Monkey?"

I am not so sure Philip. I do not agree you get to rename a route just because you climbed it in a different style. I totally disagree when potter renames long standing aid routes just because he frees it. Kind of a disrespect of those who came before you.

And “the humbling” has already been freed. Just not on lead.

I was being sarcastic, but I hear you. What do you think about a route being named before it's seen an ascent?

Can you define ascent?

I think you can name a route when ever you feel like it, if you are the setter/cleaner/bolter/ etc......I do think it will mean more if you wait until you lead it.

If a route is created by bolting and cleaning, it can be named when it is created. I think a natural line should get it's name after it has been led. That's just my opinion.

Renaming an aid route when it get's freed is just total bullshit by me. I don't care if it's been done, before. There are lots of aid routes that have NOT been renamed after FFAs.

Edited by catbirdseat

RED TAG :rolleyes:

A climb I was putting up comes to mind, a roof that I placed 1/4 inchers on to hold myself under the roof for cleaning, I red tagged it so everyone would know to stay off, because it was unsafe...so here is were Karma would come in ...try to shank a route and find yourself on bad pro and bad holds :mistat:

I have a friend that was work'n a 5.13 at the coulee for like 2 years, he put a lot of work just getting it ready for a red point, days of hanging under a roof and lets not forget the $$$ for hardware, he was getting close to sending his hardest route to date...oh can you think of the JOY he would have felt :moondance:!!!

Instead his route got shanked...he has stopped climbing at the coulee...that sooo sucks because he has put up many of the routes we all sooooo enjoy. He put his time , money and part of himself into that climb, now he is BUMMED :anger: so someones ego can be stroked :tdown: :tdown:

If you want a FA put up your own routes, or let me know you can have my FA's because it means nothing to me , I give a lot of FA's away..but then I'm not really a climber and who want to shank a 5.7D :lmao:.

Here's an Idea I will supply the hardware and the drill for any worthy climb to be put up ...do some work and you can have all the FA"S you want and we will all have more climbs to climb.

In the real world of route setters, we basicly know who is work'n what and show each other respect, not that a route has not been shanked just for giggles :lmao:, that is the; Price of Complancency 11-B and a good story.

I have a friend that was work'n a 5.13 at the coulee for like 2 years, he put a lot of work just getting it ready for a red point, days of hanging under a roof and lets not forget the $$$ for hardware, he was getting close to sending his hardest route to date...oh can you think of the JOY he would have felt :moondance:!!!

Instead his route got shanked...he has stopped climbing at the coulee...

I heard that he chipped it custom for himself and still couldn't do it :fahq:

Screw it and just climb it. You're only a dick if you climb it just so you can name it. If you're snagging routes to do that then it's bunk.

I jumped on and sent a supposed "project" crack route out in Tensleep a while ago. After sending it some guys came over and asked if I sent the crack which I said I did. Apparently it was some new 5.12 crack, whatever.

Either way I enjoyed the climb, never said anything, and nobody probably cares. If it was the first true FFA then good for me. I didn't care if I named it, I mean give me a break. It was a freaking bolted sporto route... Who fucking cares.

Go bag a new peak then worry about it. If you bolt something you better fucking send it same day the last bolt goes in otherwise I say it's all open.