The world is now a better place

Alpinfox

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it appropriate to hate an individual and dance on their unburied corpse just because you disagreed with their politics...

His efforts have set back basic human rights in this country. That is a real, concrete effect, not mere politicing in a vacuum. If he had preached love and tolerance for all, I might shed a tear at his passing, but this guy represents everything unchristian and evil about American evangelical "christianity".

Becuase he beleives in a principle different than you, you hate him. Your no different. Hypocrit.

but hypocrism is the precise reason for hating falwell - he espoused the message of jesus, which is the uber-hippy message of love-fucking-everyone-and-under-no-circumstances-ever-do-anything-harmful-to-them-judge-not-lest-you-be-judged-yadda-yadda-yadda - a real cut and dried philosophy - but then falwell comletely fucked it up by judging everyone and creating a situation where his followers felt totally justified in hurting them

who on this board is more hypocritical then that?

And you gotta love Spray's two most rabid, cement filled tire chained dogs whining about all the 'hate' (which is actually nothing but good old satire and homage to the universe's infinite capacity for farce, but then again you can't squeeze black humor from a pea brain); the same 'poor me' tactics you hear from, say, the likes of Frist et al when their cockroach behaviour is exposed to the light of day. What a couple of pussies.

Pussy, me? ...The North Face of Shuksan is a Day Trip, chubby. Before you go callin' folks pussies, pea brains, cockroaches, and rabid dogs, you should make sure you can look after yourself properly if you ever happen to "run into" one of them up there. And I can guarantee you that taking three days (!) to hump up NF Shuksan does not qualify you to be talking that degree of shit. Now run along you fat fuck. :noway:

Edited by Fairweather

Is it appropriate to hate an individual and dance on their unburied corpse just because you disagreed with their politics...

His efforts have set back basic human rights in this country. That is a real, concrete effect, not mere politicing in a vacuum. If he had preached love and tolerance for all, I might shed a tear at his passing, but this guy represents everything unchristian and evil about American evangelical "christianity".

Becuase he beleives in a principle different than you, you hate him. Your no different. Hypocrit.

but hypocrism is the precise reason for hating falwell - he espoused the message of jesus, which is the uber-hippy message of love-fucking-everyone-and-under-no-circumstances-ever-do-anything-harmful-to-them-judge-not-lest-you-be-judged-yadda-yadda-yadda - a real cut and dried philosophy - but then falwell comletely fucked it up by judging everyone and creating a situation where his followers felt totally justified in hurting them

who on this board is more hypocritical then that?

There are also some fairly compelling interpretations of Jesus's message that argue that the guy was a messianic, intensely narcissistic leader of a pre-modern doomsday-cult. The Jim Jones of Jerusalem, so to speak.

Under that interpretation, the folks waving the spiritual pompoms for The Rapture might actually be closer to the mark.

From Larry Flynt:

"The Reverend Jerry Falwell and I were arch enemies for fifteen years. We became involved in a lawsuit concerning First Amendment rights and Hustler magazine. Without question, this was my most important battle--the 1988 Hustler Magazine, Inc., v. Jerry Falwell case, where after millions of dollars and much deliberation, the Supreme Court unanimously ruled in my favor.

My mother always told me that no matter how much you dislike a person, when you meet them face to face you will find characteristics about them that you like. Jerry Falwell was a perfect example of that. I hated everything he stood for, but after meeting him in person, years after the trial, Jerry Falwell and I became good friends. He would visit me in California and we would debate together on college campuses. I always appreciated his sincerity even though I knew what he was selling and he knew what I was selling.

The most important result of our relationship was the landmark decision from the Supreme Court that made parody protected speech, and the fact that much of what we see on television and hear on the radio today is a direct result of my having won that now famous case which Falwell played such an important role in."

And you gotta love Spray's two most rabid, cement filled tire chained dogs whining about all the 'hate' (which is actually nothing but good old satire and homage to the universe's infinite capacity for farce, but then again you can't squeeze black humor from a pea brain); the same 'poor me' tactics you hear from, say, the likes of Frist et al when their cockroach behaviour is exposed to the light of day. What a couple of pussies.

Pussy, me? ...The North Face of Shuksan is a Day Trip, chubby. Before you go callin' folks pussies, pea brains, cockroaches, and rabid dogs, you should make sure you can look after yourself properly if you ever happen to "run into" one of them up there. And I can guarantee you that taking three days (!) to hump up NF Shuksan does not qualify you to be talking that degree of shit. Now run along you fat fuck. :noway:

Are all Right-Wingers this Hysterical???

Ivan say:

but hypocrism is the precise reason for hating falwell - he espoused the message of jesus, which is the uber-hippy message of love-f$#king-everyone-and-under-no-circumstances-ever-do-anything-harmful-to-them-judge-not-lest-you-be-judged-yadda-yadda-yadda - a real cut and dried philosophy

No, it isn't a "cut and dried philosophy", which is why there are 2000 years of continuing theological discussions on the subject and hundreds of different churches listed in the phone book. Jesus, though, did have standards for morality. He expected people to strive for those standards but he was capable of forgiving people who nonetheless fell short.

uber-hippy message of love-f$#king-everyone-and-under-no-circumstances-ever-do-anything-harmful-to-them-judge-not-lest-you-be-judged-yadda-yadda-yadda

classy, dude...do your homework about Jesus..."yadda-yadda-yadda" doesn't cut it.

And here's another class act by "tvashtarkatena":

Get real, motherf#$ker. The guy was a world class bigot who tirelessly employed his wealth, celebrity, and political influence to cause a sh&t load of innocent people a whole lot of harm. The end of his miserable, regrettable existence should make us all breath that much easier.

And he harmed whom with his opinions? The Teletubbies?

And, spreading even more hate in case you hadn't had enough!:

sad....sad indeed!

Are all Right-Wingers this Hysterical???

the hallmark of any winger, right or left, appears to be the impulsive use of italics, all-caps, bold-font, etc. :) it's the wackos w/ proper grammar then that are the most insidious :P

From Larry Flynt:

"The Reverend Jerry Falwell and I were arch enemies for fifteen years. We became involved in a lawsuit concerning First Amendment rights and Hustler magazine. Without question, this was my most important battle--the 1988 Hustler Magazine, Inc., v. Jerry Falwell case, where after millions of dollars and much deliberation, the Supreme Court unanimously ruled in my favor.

My mother always told me that no matter how much you dislike a person, when you meet them face to face you will find characteristics about them that you like. Jerry Falwell was a perfect example of that. I hated everything he stood for, but after meeting him in person, years after the trial, Jerry Falwell and I became good friends. He would visit me in California and we would debate together on college campuses. I always appreciated his sincerity even though I knew what he was selling and he knew what I was selling.

The most important result of our relationship was the landmark decision from the Supreme Court that made parody protected speech, and the fact that much of what we see on television and hear on the radio today is a direct result of my having won that now famous case which Falwell played such an important role in."

awesome - i was wondering y-day what larry would say - i also heard a fallwell interview too and would admit the man projected a charismatic image - nonetheless, a lot like the original jesus, the actions of his followers must be hung around his neck - do they need to be listed?

Two points:

1/ It is morbid to celebrate and to take joy that another human has died.

maybe i'm not doing enough of my jesus-homework here, but isn't that exactly what the christians do 'round easter? they seem to like to wear that death-instrument alot to, and put it on their bumpers and what-not...

Two points

1/ Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.

2/ Jesus was no ordinary person.

I do concede that Jesus had to die in order to be resurrected, and some do celebrate that death. However, it (His death) does bring tears to my eyes when ever I think about it on every good Friday.