Climbaxe happenings/shoe sales/Acopas

billcoe

Some news from Climbaxe: (they sent it via email and I'm sharing).

"And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for.........drum roll please......

IT’S A BOY!!!

On May 8th, Kristen and Darren welcomed Kenneth Wolfgang Stone into the world at a whopping 7 lbs 4 ounces. We are pleased to announce the arrival of a beautiful, healthy baby boy to the Climb Max crew! YOWEE!!!

We would also like to announce the arrival of some new lines that we have picked up in the shop: Acopa climbing shoes (John Bachar’s brainchild), Dahlgren alpaca socks (yes! So nice and warm and no pilling!), and NAZ climbing holds (made by our local boys in Salem!). Also, come on in and check out our climbing shoe sale. We’ve got a variety of La Sportivas, Mad Rocks, Montrails, and Five Ten shoes on sale for $30 or $60. You may be surprised with a screaming deal on your favorite pair of shoes!

We finally have set the dates for this summer’s four Climb Max evening clinics. The clinics are open to anyone who would like to attend, free of charge. Clinics will start at 7 pm here at the shop and will be held outside (dress appropriately for weather). After each clinic we will have the shop open for special deals on any equipment featured that evening. Please mark your calendars for the following nights:

Thursday, June 21st

Thursday, July 19th

Thursday, August 23rd

Thursday, September 13th

The topics covered will be: “Escaping Belay,” “A0, Climbing Bolt Ladders,” “Proper Clipping Techniques for the average Sportster,” and “Anchors 101.” (Sorry, we have not yet figured out the order for these topics, but we’ll keep you posted).

Here’s a look at what’s happening in the community…

Arno Ilgner is coming to town to do a slideshow and some clinics: The Warriors Way: The Power of Mental Training, sponsored by the Mazamas.

The slideshow will be held on Wednesday, May 16th from 7 - 9 pm at the Mazama Mountaineering Center. There will be a suggested donation of $10 at the door with proceeds going to the Access Fund. Don’t miss out on the raffle prizes!

Two local clinics with Arno Ilgner will be held at Club Sport fitness center on Sunday, May 13th and Wednesday, May 16th from 12 - 4 pm for $65 per person. There are six spaces available for each session so please sign up early.

A clinic will also be held out at Smith Rock on Monday and Tuesday, May 14 -15 from 9 am - 4 pm for $199 per person. Only six spaces will be available. Transportation, food, and lodging will not be provided, so please plan ahead.

For more information on Arno’s visit please visit: http://www.mazamas.org/."

There was more if anyone wants it, now go get some Acopas:-)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see whose photo was selected for the newsletter? :grlaf:

Sorry, I have images turned off for solicitation emails. Went back and looked:

Photo by John Frieh

Do I get multiple guesses now? :-)

Nice John:-)

BTW, I tried to put it here and couldn't. Hmmm, need to brush up on my shitty posting skillz I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from Climbaxe buying my Acopas. Sorry Zimzam, they don't have the JBs yet. They have 3 other models but they are priced well.

Anyhow, my point is this: if you wear an 8-1/2 sized shoe and like LaSportivas, they have a shoe made by one sport (which also makes shoes for LaSportiva evidently) for ...............drumroll please.................

thhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

$30.00

Thats right, for $30, less than the price of a full resole you get a classic trad shoe (laces, fits nice). Solid quality made in Italy. The catch? They only have mens 8 and 8-1/2 left. 41-41.5 euro

So I got the JB Chamelians and a paid of $30 shoes too. I would highly recommend NOT trying to guess your size and buy the Acopas. EVERY other climbing shoe I've ever worn is size 8-8-1/2.

The Acopas are size 9-1/2.

And still almost too tight.

They have 30 pairs of this $30 shoe....but I would expect them to sell well, so don't fall asleep and think they will be there when you get off yer ass, buy em now and toss them in the closet for when yours fall apart.

If you live in Portland, this is the deal of the century...these are real nice shoes.

Zim Zam, if you still want the number....heres the info:

Contact Us

Toll Free Number:

(800) 895-0048

Local Number:

(503) 797-1996

between 10 am and 7 pm PST

Monday through Friday

Email:

websales@climbmaxmountaineering.com

Address:

Climb Max Mountaineering, LLC

928 NE 28th Ave.

Portland, OR 97232

I lifted that from the Pagan Gear site: maye one of the owners has a web business. Sorry to be so ignorant. But they're good folks.

Here's the web link: Pagan Gear