Let's see those trip reports

catbirdseat

Went to squamish, Walked around the bluffs...

Led kangaroo corner, Walked around a bunch more. Led, Fata Morgana(Interesting climb) stubbled around penny lane looking @ rocks Led crime of the century. Went for beer...

Then walked around looking at rocks in Murrin Park for while

drove home..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Mothers' day, after all. Don't you people have mothers? Mine's 83, nice, and I took her and my wife (mother of my children of course) to a very posh M. Day breakfast, courtesy of my sister and bother-in-law, at the valley club in Ketchum. Good eats! Great weather too.

Went to do Optimus Prime Sunday a.m.

-- had 5 hours sleep; my partner had been up with his woman all night but apparently not fucking, go figure. he'd also done angel's crest the day before and had brought a whole entire litre and so his muscles were fried.

-- got lost leaving road, yes, this is like 30 feet from path

--found the route. did not find second half of first pitch, or second pitch. instead tried Barley's new project which will be cool, except for the fact that you need to be nine feet tall to clip some of the bolts (I am 6'2" with an ape of +6, you would think I could do it, but no)

-- clusterf*ck rappelled back to middle of P1; found the "wide crack" which is full of dirt

-- my partner led 2nd pitch; he got lost again, this despite having guidebook in his pack

-- we finally found the route and in the baking sun I greased off the first of the 10c pitches. no wait, sorry, I sucked and can't climb, that's why I fell. as I fell for what seemed like ages my out of sight partner yelled up at me "DID YOU SAY TAKE OR SLACK? ARE YOU FALLING OR MOVING FAST?"

-- p3 is spectacular, wild air-under-ass laybacking into weird chimney slot; jamming and more laybacking. i then got to downclimb and re-climb the pitch due to rope-drag, extracting full value from route.

-- p4 is this cool weird flake leading to an overhanging stemming chimney, 10b, loads of fun. my partner wanted me to go faster, so with statements like "MY GIRLFRIEND HAS AN AMAZING ASS AND SPECTACULAR TITS, BUT THEY ARE IN VANCOUVER" he egged me on as I led up.

-- gear beta. bring one camalot from .3" to 4", one set of nuts, one extra #1, and a non-hungover partner.

Went a did a 4 hour of mountain bike exploring, rode through several villages, sorgum feilds and banana groves. We eventually made our way into Akagera game park. It is a fun ride through some great terrain and of course millions of kids running along side you screaming "Muzungu!!!".

Camped inside the park with good people and good food. Pretty uneventful evening watching the sun go down and later staying warm by the fire.

Next day got up early and went for a game drive, saw zebra, impala, topi, hornbills, warthogs, waterbuck and cape buffulo. Came back for breakfast then out for another drive saw all of the above and giraffe, mongoose, and ton of birds. Checked out a saw cliff in the park that might present some climbing though climbing is not allowed in the park.