Does that waterproof spray work?

Pencil_Pusher

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've hot dried a 10 year old goretex parka and it works sweet. I didn't want to hot dry my newer one incase it melted, but it seems to work pretty good and hasn't melted anything, yet. [hell no]

Has anyone done this (hot dry) with a scholer product to revive the waterproofing?

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Bronco ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:
I've hot dried a 10 year old goretex parka and it works sweet. I didn't want to hot dry my newer one incase it melted, but it seems to work pretty good and hasn't melted anything, yet.
[hell no]

Has anyone done this (hot dry) with a scholer product to revive the waterproofing?

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Bronco ]

Yea, and it works good. Schoeller doesn't melt in drier, although you can flame-off any fuzzies with a lighter if it starts to micropill.

Jim Nelson gave me a bottle of that ReviveX last year to try out and it works incredibly well as long as there aren't too many loose microfibers on the surface of the jacket.

Too many loose fibers changes the water tension of the water and allows it to soak up easier. I've heard that you can iron the fibers to get rid of them without ruining the composite.

I don't know about Nikwax on clothing, but I think Nikwax is shit on boots. I put the stuff on, and it's totally gone by the end of the day. That's with just a few quicky stream crossings. That shit is useless. I'm going back to Snoseal on my boots. Maybe on clothes the shit is tit...I don't know. Shit with it; I'm gonna have another drink now and shut up.

Around the snow and the rain too does not keep the refléchissant item interpréteur interactive jobs of your clothes to penetrate better must it it for hard alpine conditions use itself exterior. Around the liquid outside of your bundles to keep it is better to urinate in them. But, if from these unfortunate events comes, in order to change over, you can always carry bags bread over your socks or a " poncho of Seattle " (bag of wastes with holes it cut inside), in order to keep the water of the infringement on your in former times waterproof clothes at the water. If neither one nor the other one of these situations function, you are screwed!

ReviveX is totally different than NikWax, somehow. The gear head design dudes at ArcTeryx were not a big fan of Nikwax when I was there - something about long term decreases in durability or something, i cant actually remember. just use whatever works. rolleyes.gif" border="0