Goat Wall

NTM

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i remember, 5.11 ~11 pitches, bring ~15 draws and two ropes for more direct raps. its fairly well bolted. i dont believe there is a topo although bryan is soon releasing an updated guide. we only had time for a few pitches, but they were pretty fun.

I think there are 12 pitches, with the last pitch being the crux (and only 5.11 pitch). The last pitch reminded me a lot of the final pitch of Monkey Space at Smith: bouldery power moves out of a cave, stiff .11b with big exposure. A fair bit of easy 5.10 to get to that point, with one pitch being .10+, I think.

The route more or less follows the prominent water streak (dry yet?) going up the center of the wall, starting kind of on the right and ending kind of on the left. 15 draws should be plenty.

The route is a blast. Even though the rock isn't limestone, it has a blue calcite patina and is pocketed in places. Have fun!

I climbed it a few years ago. We got a topo of the route from that little store in mazama or some building next to it, I think? They had a couple hanging from the door.

Is the OB base camp still there? You could stop in or call on your way. Im sure they have one - or at least know how to get one.