Parking Fees at Leavenworth?

EWB

Hey Gang:

I'm heading to Leavenworth in the next few weeks for the 1st time and would like to hit the Outer Space/Orbit area and also Castle Rock. My question is: are there any parking restrictions or fees that I need to be aware of? Someone told me you needed a National Forest pass and/or a Fish & Wildlife parking pass to park in these areas. If so, will I be able to purchase them there?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Eric

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe castle rock is permit free.

Snow creek TH needs a Nat forest park pass which is available at many places in WA. Shoudl be able to get it in spokane at your local forest service office and possibly your local outdoor retailer. (rei in spokane?) If you park on the road a ways away from the TH, then you can get away without paying but keep a look out for rangers watching this obvious ploy. People have gotten tickets doing this.

get an early start for snow creel wall.

if you park in the street outside the SCW parking lot you wont need the pass, if you will have other uses for on get a yearly or at sportmans wearhouse is the valley you can get a day pass too.correct castle rock you wont need one. Its a NW forest pass. Have fun Eric.

So what's the actual law state re. the parking? Anyone know?

Common Theory 1: You can park just before the sign that says, "entering Federal Fee area" and not get ticketed

Common Theory 2: You need to be a certain distance from the trailhead (i.e. 1/4 mile) -- which might explain why the Federal Fee area sign is so far away from the TH up at the 8-mile (Colchuck/Stuart Lake) TH

Anyone know the "right answer" (versus have a "guess" or "common sense" belief)?

So what's the actual law state re. the parking? Anyone know?

Common Theory 1: You can park just before the sign that says, "entering Federal Fee area" and not get ticketed

Common Theory 2: You need to be a certain distance from the trailhead (i.e. 1/4 mile) -- which might explain why the Federal Fee area sign is so far away from the TH up at the 8-mile (Colchuck/Stuart Lake) TH

Anyone know the "right answer" (versus have a "guess" or "common sense" belief)?

Ordinarily it's [2], but in the case of SC Parking Lot, it's [1].