TR: The Fenix

fenderfour

Ok, I found the topo:

But I think it's out of date.

Does anyone have GPS coordinates for the Fenix? I had some route finding issues last night.

FenixRoute.jpg

Here's the route we took. As you can see. We had some…. Difficulties. Apparently, the objective moved since last I had been there.

Point A is where my partner declared that the route is bullshit and we should get a beer. The beer was deferred and we pressed on. Cascade badasses in action.

Point B is where I proposed a bivy to wait for better conditions. Luckily, sensible reasoning prevailed and we avoided a night sitting in a parking lot wishing we weren't such dumbasses. We returned to the car (Atomic Orange) and drove a distance to another Trailhead. This time, the approach was much less committing.

We knew we were close when we saw these guys standing outside, smoking.

Metal1.jpg

We had to do a little fan-schwacking to get to the door where we were felt up by security.

Inside we found some of this

mannysPaleSM.gif

And a little bit of

jack-daniels.jpg

The team's spirits rose.

The show was already in swing:

Dimmu_Borgir_photo.jpg

And I wonder, why is this guy at every freaking show in Seattle?

bobsmoke2.jpg

Is he a fan? He was friendly. He shook my hand and offered me a smoke. Nice guy.

Approach: The approach is in good shape if you can sort through all of the erroneous data out there.

Rack: Black t-shirt, walking shoes. Beer goggles optional.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got thrown out of The Fenix during the Mastodon show last weekend. About one bouncer for every two fans. I guess I didn't see the sign on the wall that said:

-no elbowing smelly dirtbags

-no punching dirty hippies

-no kicking dirty smelly dirtbag hippies

-no knocking crowdsurfers to the floor

-no throwing people into the "pit"

I've been going to shows for 20 years and I was quite surprised to find that I was getting manhandled by two bouncers to the door, three songs into their set, having never had this happen before. Perhaps I should have seen it coming as I got super-searched on the way in. Thankfully I could spend the rest of my time there taunting them on the sidewalk and trying to sneak back in to get my wife.

Conclusion: The Fenix sucks ass. At any other club I've pummeled people at, I wouldn't have gotten thrown out, but I'd have certainly gotten my ass kicked by angry bouncers for my vicious taunts and utter lack of respect.

I got thrown out of The Fenix during the Mastodon show last weekend. About one bouncer for every two fans. I guess I didn't see the sign on the wall that said:

-no elbowing smelly dirtbags

-no punching dirty hippies

-no kicking dirty smelly dirtbag hippies

-no knocking crowdsurfers to the floor

-no throwing people into the "pit"

I've been going to shows for 20 years and I was quite surprised to find that I was getting manhandled by two bouncers to the door, three songs into their set, having never had this happen before. Perhaps I should have seen it coming as I got super-searched on the way in. Thankfully I could spend the rest of my time there taunting them on the sidewalk and trying to sneak back in to get my wife.

Conclusion: The Fenix sucks ass. At any other club I've pummeled people at, I wouldn't have gotten thrown out, but I'd have certainly gotten my ass kicked by angry bouncers for my vicious taunts and utter lack of respect.

Mastadon fucking rocks!!! They are fun and driving.

I will spit on the bouncers for you next time I'm there.

Thinking of ya!

And I think your behavior sounds perfectly appropriate. I don't know what's up with the bouncer issue. Maybe they were jealous after they super searched you and felt up your climber's physique. It made them angry. They had it out for you. After they booted you, they went looking for your wife to buy her a drink and try to schmooze her. Those fatasses suck. Jerks.

I have that time beat. Once in Vancouver BC club I was thrown out by three bouncers within 2 minutes of getting in (after spending 1/2 the money i had just to get in the door). Apparently they had the same rule against clown punching.

I was also thrown out of a comedy club that night. The guys act was to make fun of Americans (sure, there is plenty of material there), but since I was sauced I started heckling (just as much material).

In all it was a good time in Canadia.

and it beats dressing up in a lab coat and pretending to be a doctor.

except that, "Take off your clothes, I'm a doctor" part pretty much beats anything else on the list of fun things to do at work.

"Take off your clothes, I'm a nurse" works

and it beats dressing up in a lab coat and pretending to be a doctor.

except that, "Take off your clothes, I'm a doctor" part pretty much beats anything else on the list of fun things to do at work.

"Take off your clothes, I'm a nurse" works

Take off your clothes, I'm a proctologist.

Admit it, I know how to turn your crank.

Well, its not too bad as long as you really watch your feet. The crux is right at the third bum sucking down his bottle of brown bagged wine. Grabbing the sack is aid.

Actually, bums provided an obstacle during the approach as well. They are like a whipper ready to happen.

What would you rate that traverse in front of the Kingdome?

Dude, that whole feature fell off a few years ago. The topo is out of date. I think the route as it is today is a more aesthetic line.

Interesting, I'll have to boost my self esteem by going to REI and notifying the rangers there. Thanks for the beta!