Slesse Conditions May 9

Nesakwatch Creek road is totally impassible past 3km right nowbut will be rebuilt to 2wd standard in the next few weeks. Over the summer it should be possible to 2wd to the normal Slesse parking area. The big hill up to Rexford will probably be gated though.

Slesse is still kind of white but the east face pocket glaciers are already creeping and cracking and moving.

North Couloir could be good right now?

slessemayresize.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post a pic when I get home tonight.

Short answer, the gully south of south illusion (right after the clearcut on the Rexford trail) is full of snow and an easy ascent right now - most of the others are discontinuous snow with possibility of block glide avalanches late in the day :noway:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I went up that road on June 16. It is good to just past where those large boulders are on the road (km 3 or so). Then it is completely annihilated by creeks. I mean it's f%#@ed. I think it would take em a while to fix that up. Anyway, the hike is no problem only adds 45 min to the Slesse trailhead. Easy walking.

Cheers, Jan

• 4 weeks later...