Black Forest?

gmknight

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to rain on anyone's parade but all the boulering described in this thread is fun but not 3 or 4 star by any stretch.

I'm pretty sure Jens is only here to piss on everyone's day. I had to stop wearing my daisy chain like a g-string because of him. Thanks a lot Jens.

Kix

Thanks for giving me a tour of the area on Saturday. The area has many possibilities. With increased traffic it could be outstanding. There are many boulders with problem from 12' to 18' top-outs. All are vertical to overhanging. Some of the landing areas could use some attention IMO but overall I got a great workout and will go back. Again, if it saw some more traffic and a little development it will be a fun place to spend the day.

Edited by ilookeddown

• 1 month later...

I am moving away in 1 month.

In the next few days I will post detailed directions for all to the Black Forest.

Myself and another boulderer known only as PECK have been the primary developers for the past 2 and a half years. PECK is already gone. I am one foot out the door (all I have left)

The Black Forest is our gift to Seattle boulderers.

I broke my ankle on Saturday, so I will not be offering any more tours. (broke it at another secret area on SI with GREAT rock, but no paths and very dangerous terrain). get out and explore pussies. there is other rock beside the choss crap found at little si and x38 in the I90 corridor. much better rock.

seriously, most seattle area boulderers are sheep looking to herd at known areas. baaaaaa. hopefully you herds will help keep the moss at bay.

there is lots of great rock closer than goldbar and 11worth for those who are motivated.

There is even VERY GOOD rock on Tiger, not conglomerate choss (of which there is plenty), if you know where to look.

stay tuned.

Terry

p.s. I may change my mind. sukit.

I thought it was just another in a long line of contemptuous, taunting posts.

but whatever.

It was good but did you expect any different from me?

Hopefully all that chrystal (meth) gazing you'll be doing in sedona will align your ankle chakra and you'll be a unified complete entity again.

With the capabilities of putting my liners in the post before the snow falls again even!!

you should post some info, i'll check the place out. it is always fun climbing at a new area. I hiked around that area one day and saw the bolts of the shorty sport climbs, WW2 i think?, and figured the bouldering was around there somewhere.