I need Crossword Help

Blake

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Workplace for Nephrologists and Gastroenterologists alike _R (OR/ER?)

My father was a doctor, and I recall him referring to the collective digetive/urinary system as the "A/R tract" for Alimentary/R"something or other". Google turns up nothing to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure that was the term he used. It may have fallen out of use in recent years? Anyone got a copy of Gray's handy? The only medical book on my shelves is a biography of Sir William Osler, which doesn't help much in this instance.

Murray, the british thing is the "special forces" not "secret Service" so it's SAS, not MI5. (plus the A works with "plaza" for Spanish Meeting Place)

Would the workplace for these docs really be the IR rather than the Operating Room or Emergency Room?

I was thinking something similar for the bubonic plague symptoms (roses, rosey) but I settled on "sores" which also fits and s more generic.

You are dead on with "Princip", because Franz Ferdinand is the band in Question.

Thanks!

Edited by Blake

OR would work for any medical specialty that could involve surgery, and ER would work for any specialty at all. But the clue refers specifically to nephrologists and gastroenterologists, which are the two medical specialties that deal specifically with the intestinal and renal systems. That leads me to believe they want IR, otherwise why refer to those two disciplines in the clue? Given three possible answers, opt for the one that most closely matches all the elements of the clue. You might be wrong, but at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're right. :P

That was then: this is now.

Bush wasn't so much opposed to Hubble as he was pro-Mars. That new priority, combined with the shuttle's safety problems, meant that Hubble couldn't be serviced. But somewhere along the line, things got re-prioritized again, and Hubble has been reprieved. So Bush was temporarily a problem, but not any more. Interstellar dust, on the other hand, is still a problem. In some parts of the sky, the stuff is so dense that no visible light makes it through.