Specific Packs

Kat_Roslyn

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 30L Cilogear pack (www.cilogear.com) that, if you take off the detachable waistbelt, and strip out the frame (but leave the foam pad in), is a pack that can ride 'high' on the back, has capacity, but carries comfortably.

The Cold Cold World Valdez pack I think is also like this; moderate capacity, but without a rigid frame (yet still flexible frame-ish support) that can ride high on your back. They stock 'em at Feathered Friends, I think.

the lowe alpine attack summit (30L) is able to shorten up and ride above my lower back. But you're probably looking for something larger than that. I think you should design a wicked alpine wheelbarrow.

The old packs rode really high. I had a Millet from the 60's that was my dads that didn't even touch the hips. It couldn't carry heavy loads well but high stepping on steep terrain was nice.

Try some of the summit day packs like the Lowe alpine attack or the serratus version. All the black diamond packs suck for anyone under 6'2 in my opinion because they only fit people with reeeaaaallly long torsos. And they don't climb well for anyone really.

-----------

All in all, the new Millet packs fit people under 6 foot great and climb better than any of the other brands.

Very funny.. . . .

I would go with the fanny pack, but I just don't have the muffin top to pull the look off.

Jared J, I looked on cilogear.com and the packs don't have removable waistbelts starting this year.

A llama is actually a good idea, I could at least go up Ingalls creek with one, and they barely eat any hay, so I wuoldn't have to carry that.

A wheelbarrow is a stupid idea.

Isn't there a guy on here that makes packs?? I don't know his name.

Very funny.. . . .

I would go with the fanny pack, but I just don't have the muffin top to pull the look off.

Jared J, I looked on cilogear.com and the packs don't have removable waistbelts starting this year.

A llama is actually a good idea, I could at least go up Ingalls creek with one, and they barely eat any hay, so I wuoldn't have to carry that.

A wheelbarrow is a stupid idea.

Isn't there a guy on here that makes packs?? I don't know his name.

The guy on here who makes packs is Graham...Cilo packs. I bet if you wanted a pack without a waistbelt he could hook you up with one.