[TR] Index - Rattle Tale 5/6/2007

olyclimber

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

A few more photos of RattleTale. This is a stellar route! We did it 7-7-12.

Klondike leading pitch 2. This has got to be one of the cleanest hand jam corners anywhere on the west coast. It's slightly overhanging, and trends right. At the top, it gets bigger: #3 blue camalots...just when you are getting pumped.

20120708_0017.jpg

Lisa following pitch 2 layback style:

20120708_0037.jpg

20120708_0043.jpg

20120708_0044.jpg

Lisa leading pitch 3. That chimney variation on the left side looks sick! You'd need a couple valley giants and some big bros.

20120708_0066.jpg

Lisa rapping down. There are nice rap stations that allow you to get off with just one rope in three raps, rap the route.

20120708_0103.jpg

I've never seen anyone else up here in two visits. I like this route a lot better than Godzilla. The climbing is more consistent, you can totally sew it up if you need to.

Last year sometime, we were up there chatting with another guy at that leftside squeeze. We figured it would take a bit of work to clean it up (with a push broom likely), and then it would fill up with crap again after winter.

I suppose if we cleaned it up it could be good training for Yosemite (Steck Salathe maybe).

I just did the squeeze on top rope, it's a little bigger than the hollow flake on Salathe but just as hard. It would be called old school 5.9 but it's really 5.10

Chasing the Lizard is also very fun. Me and EmKay did these climbs on 7-5, and I also did them on 5-13 with James N.

Has the chimney ever been led?

I've been thinking about leading it. I try not to top rope, so it would be an onsite.

I've got big bros and a valley giant, so I could get up it safely...but for it to be climbed regularly, at least one bolt might be in order...seems like a lot of big cracks get a bolt to save people hauling big gear up there?