Hood or climbs outside portland

rjFelix

headed to portland may8-13th. climbing partner had last minute family emergency had to bail. flying out solo. first time in NW. been away from climbing for 2 years due to work. would really like to get out on hood and ease back into it. any info on campsites, good eats, and gathering places appreciated. Can weave a good tale plus dinner and drinks on me. Have 4 season tent, 3 pickets, new 30m rope for glacier travel, plenty of gear. you can use my email to find me on myspace. just to get an idea of the type of partner you would be meeting up with.

Edited by rjFelix

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend and I will be climbing Mount hood May 12- 14. We have all the gear and both of us are in good climbing condition. Will be reaching Timberline lodge early morning on 12th. We haven't yet decided to do a single day climb or do a two day climb. Will decide after we get there.

You can meet us at Climbers cave at the Timberline Lodge.

Where is ClimbersCave?? I'm in Seattle, WA. My wife has friend in VancouverWA she wants to visit. Thinking of driving down. Do you think it would be good skiing??

--Hal

email: throolin "AT" hotmail "DOT" com

Where is ClimbersCave?? I'm in Seattle, WA. My wife has friend in VancouverWA she wants to visit. Thinking of driving down. Do you think it would be good skiing??

--Hal

email: throolin "AT" hotmail "DOT" com

Climbers cave is located at Wyeast day lodge at the Timberline ski resort. It is open 24/7 and it is where climbers get their wilderness permits etc. It is also a popular place for people to meed prior climb.

Last weekend the skiing was decent, But I have no idea about the dates you seek to go. It has been warm lately, so it might just be concrete and slush...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the reply. I actually gave up on the post and flew out anyway. found a partner out there and summitted that friday. great weather, some ice in the mazama's chute. gave a few climbers some trouble. next day 5 guy got stuck out there. amazed at the knuckleheads on the mt. hope you had a great climb.--felix