A woman's worth

archenemy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yous got to put in laundry service, maid service, child service, accounting service, the only one I don't think you can add is prostatution service... cause that can be picked up at the bar on any given night during the week... around closing time they'll suck ya off in the parking lot before you head home....

I maintain that assuming the expense of laundry, maid, etc is bullshit. THere are plenty of working parents that still get this stuff doen without paying someone else to do it. Childcare is a big problem for the first 7 years, after that, school handles at least half of it.

$134k/yr

I think that it's much more realistic to calculate the maximum real value of childcare for a given person or family by determining by the amount that they could actually afford to pay if the parent or both parents are working full time, or a single parent is doing the same. Ditto for any other domestic service.

If the maximum salary for a given woman is $20,000 per year, and the maximum amount that she could actually spend on child-care and other miscellaneous domestic help is $500, you are drifting way off into fantasy land if you seriously believe that she is creating $40K in real value for herself with each additional kid that she cranks out by not paying for childcare that she could never afford in the first place.

Per "real value is created by not spending money on things I could never afford in the first place" model it should be possible for me to generate $235K in "economic value" for myself by electing to buy a car costs $15K, rather than one that costs $235K despite the fact that I couldn't afford a $250,000 car in the first place.

Women claim it's hard to raise the kids and want more credit then they deserve sometimes. I raised my boy for 4 months old by myself. And no I don't lactate but I can make formula. If I could find the right lady I would not mind being a stay at home dad. I had so much fun raising my kid I'd gladly do it again. It's not that freaking hard.

And for all the slacker dads out there that don't do crap at home women should chose better sperm donors.

Dude, my dad was amazing.....

Wait, my mom was too!

Personally I can't come up with any witty comments about the "worth of women", because frankly I find any notions that women are second to men offensive in the first right! In my upbringing, women have been the driving forces in my development (no offense dad - god I hope he doesn't read the shit in Spray). They taught me how to read, socialize, even how to "properly get drunk". So yeah, its no supprize now that women are STILL the driving forces in my life. I find them deeply fascinating, beautiful, and humbling. Why this culture still places women in a lower category than men feels amazing primitive to me.

Man, I do have a rambling problem!

Dude, my dad was amazing.....

Wait, my mom was too!

Personally I can't come up with any witty comments about the "worth of women", because frankly I find any notions that women are second to men offensive in the first right! In my upbringing, women have been the driving forces in my development (no offense dad - god I hope he doesn't read the shit in Spray). They taught me how to read, socialize, even how to "properly get drunk". So yeah, its no supprize now that women are STILL the driving forces in my life. I find them deeply fascinating, beautiful, and humbling. Why this culture still places women in a lower category than men feels amazing primitive to me.

Man, I do have a rambling problem!

Dude, you're a serious brown-noser

this whole thread is just plain stupid. so is the discussion about the importance of stay at home moms.

every family is different. each one has to do what works.

i was a stay at home mom for almost a year. i couldn't find enough things to do outside of the house. i was going insane. it was awful. i really really hated it. otoh, i think my son is the best that ever happened in my world. i'm just not so good at playing the traditional role of stay at home mom.

whether or not you work or stay home, you're a fulltime parent and parenting styles vary tremendously.