Good thing we waited for 'all the data to be in'

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Mr. KaskadskyjKozak, he's right. If you look at the geologic record we ARE do for another ice age...

Now I am no geology "expert", but I have read the same thing in [The Journal of Glaciology]. A Geo. proff. back in college said the same thing too.....

Yes, we are due for an ice age, and it may still happen irrespective of CO2 emissions. Making an unqualified statement that the former would have occurred already due to the latter as if it were an incontrovertible fact is simply an arrogant and assinine statement - typical of our local Besserwisser.

Actually, Mr. KaskadskyjKozak, he's right. If you look at the geologic record we ARE do for another ice age...

Now I am no geology "expert", but I have read the same thing in [The Journal of Glaciology]. A Geo. proff. back in college said the same thing too.....

that may well be, but that does not dis prove that humans are part of nature.

I'll bet someone could get funding to try to disprove this though...

An Ice WILL happen again..... its just a matter of time. I know you guys have heard of that movie "The Day After Tomarrow", well its pretty much a peice of shit, but the theories are correct.

Once we dilute the North Atlantic Ocean enough the Gulf Stream will shut down (actually, its weakend by about 43% since the early 1940's) thus cutting off all warm air transter to the north. This will change the entire mechanics of the planet's climate, and we will begin the next ice age.

Personally, I'm doing my best "not to worry about it". In fact, if it happens in my life time (unlikely) it would be fantastically interesting!

Yeah.

"Due" in geologic timescales entails a period of time that can encompass quite a few human lifetimes.

oh so true. we are but a hair follicle on the large ass of time ;)

Now, now. You and KKK shouldn't sell yourselves so short.

Depending on the ass they could be making themselves out to be quite long. :crosseye:

Well, yeah. I mean, nature is dirt and stuff, whereas we're all made in God's image. Ergo, God is a Bellevue housewife on a taun taun with an urgent breast implant appointment. It makes sense, right? I think about this kind of stuff a lot.

An Ice WILL happen again..... its just a matter of time. I know you guys have heard of that movie "The Day After Tomarrow", well its pretty much a peice of shit, but the theories are correct.

Once we dilute the North Atlantic Ocean enough the Gulf Stream will shut down (actually, its weakend by about 43% since the early 1940's) thus cutting off all warm air transter to the north. This will change the entire mechanics of the planet's climate, and we will begin the next ice age.

Personally, I'm doing my best "not to worry about it". In fact, if it happens in my life time (unlikely) it would be fantastically interesting!

Yeah.

that's a theory; not a fact.

Well, yeah. I mean, nature is dirt and stuff, whereas we're all made in God's image. Ergo, God is a Bellevue housewife on a taun taun with an urgent breast implant appointment. It makes sense, right? I think about this kind of stuff a lot.

I've been in Bellevue quite often, and am wondering where you see all these Hausfrauen with fake titties. Of course I lived in SoCal for 5 years, so maybe that's dulled my senses.

Yeah.

that's a theory; not a fact.

Actually, it's a geohistorical fact (it has happened multiple times), not a theory. During the last episode, enormous glacial lakes in what is now Canada catastrophically drained into the North Atlantic as the last ice age was waning, causing this very phenomenon.

Dump enough fresh water into the North Atlantic (such as the Greenland Icecap, currently melting at a rate of 80 cubic miles per year), and it will, not might, happen again. It's merely a question of how much fresh water and when.

Edited by tvashtarkatena