Good thing we waited for 'all the data to be in'

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a "Global Warming Expert"? No? Well then maybe you're not qualified to evaluate such data.

Myself...I use my gut. My gut tells me that it was cold when I woke up this morning...ergo this "Global Warming" thing is a load of crap.

Whatever you do, don't listen to the people who have the specialized training and expertise necessary to make a rational and scientifically sound evaluation of the evidence.

It makes much more sense to go with the random conglomeration of activists chanting in the streets.

I was flying back from the UK last summer and got some ****AWSOME**** views of Greenland and Iceland from the plane (Small note: Greenland has some [fucking mountains]). It was utterly amazing..... you could even see "really big looking" crevasses from 40,000 feet, which has to mean that they were gargantuan holes...

On to the topic: I could see these massive dust fields were the ice sheet once sprawled out into the north atlantic. In some places there were seriously miles between the ice and the ocean. Now, I've spent a lot of time studying glaciers and how they affect the landscape, and I could most definately see the physical retreat of the ice. Its scary, and sad.

In terms of general glacier melting, this is a super good study: http://www.nichols.edu/departments/glacier/

I wish more people were interested and passionate about cleaning up the atmosphere. But then again not everyone fully understands how much change has happened to the ice.

the pictures of glacier national park are impressive. all the glaciers are retreating not just the big ones. the true question is not if, the question is, how MUCH of an effect are we humans having on this weather trend? the earth herself has been warming and cooling for billions of years before we got here. when she has had enough of us, she will shake us off like the dirty little fleas we are and move on the next interesting millennium.

GROAN...that is not the big question; the human contribution to the current warming trend (which accounts for nearly all of it) is well known by now. If humans weren't here, the earth would be slipping into an ice age right now.

maybe, i am not scientist and i don't really care any more. I had my sign carrying banner flying stop the pollution, save the ozone days already. i did my part and stopped using airisal cans and stiraphome. I worked with OSPRIG donated money to the seria club, started recycling when you still had to FIND a center to recycle at, i was a vegetarian. ate local organic and low on the food chain. i did all the right things and you know what, people didn't change, the world was not saved and all the idiots still reign supreme. so i decided there has to be a reason for that. we are part of nature. we are as much an animal as any other animal on the planet. we are more conceited, self centered in the bad way more resource hogging more damaging and certainly more disgusting than any of the other animals. but we evolved and here were are. if we are lucky we will blow ourselves up before we find another planet to populate and destroy.

hmmm there's that bitter thing again. i need to keep working on that ;)

I'm reminded of an episode of "Underdog" whereby an evil mastermind punched a giant hole through the earth, creating a loud whistling sound that drove everyone crazy.

Simon B Sinister, and his lackey Cad. Do you think Sweet Polly had implants?

Actually, Mr. KaskadskyjKozak, he's right. If you look at the geologic record we ARE do for another ice age...

Now I am no geology "expert", but I have read the same thing in [The Journal of Glaciology]. A Geo. proff. back in college said the same thing too.....

Actually, Mr. KaskadskyjKozak, he's right. If you look at the geologic record we ARE do for another ice age...

Now I am no geology "expert", but I have read the same thing in [The Journal of Glaciology]. A Geo. proff. back in college said the same thing too.....

that may well be, but that does not dis prove that humans are part of nature.