Good thing we waited for 'all the data to be in'

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Ice WILL happen again..... its just a matter of time. I know you guys have heard of that movie "The Day After Tomorrow", well its pretty much a piece of shit, but the theories are correct.

Once we dilute the North Atlantic Ocean enough the Gulf Stream will shut down (actually, its weakened by about 43% since the early 1940's) thus cutting off all warm air transfer to the north. This will change the entire mechanics of the planet's climate, and we will begin the next ice age.

Personally, I'm doing my best "not to worry about it". In fact, if it happens in my life time (unlikely) it would be fantastically interesting!

Yeah.

that's a theory; not a fact.

The bible has some interesting theories too, like "go stone to death disobedient children".

An Ice WILL happen again..... its just a matter of time. I know you guys have heard of that movie "The Day After Tomorrow", well its pretty much a piece of shit, but the theories are correct.

Once we dilute the North Atlantic Ocean enough the Gulf Stream will shut down (actually, its weakened by about 43% since the early 1940's) thus cutting off all warm air transfer to the north. This will change the entire mechanics of the planet's climate, and we will begin the next ice age.

Personally, I'm doing my best "not to worry about it". In fact, if it happens in my life time (unlikely) it would be fantastically interesting!

Yeah.

The bible has some interesting theories too, like "go stone to death disobedient children".

non sequitor

Yeah.

there is lots of crap in the bible, but that one i really like ;)

i can't wait til the next ice age and i hope it happens in my life time. I think i better learn to ski better though :moondance:

Actually, Mr. KaskadskyjKozak, he's right. If you look at the geologic record we ARE do for another ice age...

Now I am no geology "expert", but I have read the same thing in [The Journal of Glaciology]. A Geo. proff. back in college said the same thing too.....

that may well be, but that does not dis prove that humans are part of nature.

I'll bet someone could get funding to try to disprove this though...

Well, yeah. I mean, nature is dirt and stuff, whereas we're all made in God's image. Ergo, God is a Bellevue housewife on a taun taun with an urgent breast implant appointment. It makes sense, right? I think about this kind of stuff a lot.

according to my vary favorite author on the face of the planet all red heads and blonds are aliens. and only the red heads are the good guys. i can't recall what the theory was on people with brown hair....

i 'm a natural blond but i often disguise my self with red dye... does that mean i can not except my own evil nature.... these are the things i htink about ;)

I agree Muffy! Man, you and I just seem to hit it off perfect...... I too want the next ice age to happen NOW so I can get in tons of year round ice climbing and snowboarding!

Can you imagine the Seattle Smith Tower being crushed by a mile thick sheet of ice???

Now that would be cool!

Cheers to the END OF CIVILIZATION!!! :moondance:

Actually, Mr. KaskadskyjKozak, he's right. If you look at the geologic record we ARE do for another ice age...

Now I am no geology "expert", but I have read the same thing in [The Journal of Glaciology]. A Geo. proff. back in college said the same thing too.....

that may well be, but that does not dis prove that humans are part of nature.

I'll bet someone could get funding to try to disprove this though...

Well, yeah. I mean, nature is dirt and stuff, whereas we're all made in God's image. Ergo, God is a Bellevue housewife on a taun taun with an urgent breast implant appointment. It makes sense, right? I think about this kind of stuff a lot.

according to my vary favorite author on the face of the planet all red heads and blonds are aliens. and only the red heads are the good guys. i can't recall what the theory was on people with brown hair....

i 'm a natural blond but i often disguise my self with red dye... does that mean i can not except my own evil nature.... these are the things i htink about ;)

1) Blondes are eternally hot as shit - no matter how dumb they may be

2) Redheds are eternally hot as shit - no matter how dumb they may think they may be.

You see, yur in a win win!

Things I think about: uuuhhhh, uuuuummmmm, my butt itches, uuuuuhhhhh, is there food in that fridge?

I agree Muffy! Man, you and I just seem to hit it off perfect...... I too want the next ice age to happen NOW so I can get in tons of year round ice climbing and snowboarding!

Can you imagine the Seattle Smith Tower being crushed by a mile thick sheet of ice???

Now that would be cool!

Cheers to the END OF CIVILIZATION!!! :moondance:

Except that you'll have to fly up from your tiny, overcrowded El Salvadorian flat to do so, at (by that time) a million dollars per round trip ticket. If you survive the 2nd Cold War, that is.

• 4 months later...
dear god that makes me insain. does no one pay attention when they drive any more??? there are children in the car for christsakes. oh and not only are they not paying attention but they are driving the hugest vehical they can get for their ONE CHILD :rolleyes:

i may be a mom, but i am no soccor mom. :sick:

That's why they don't need to pay attention. When you drive a tank, it's only the little, tax paying people that suffer. :rolleyes:

GROAN...that is not the big question; the human contribution to the current warming trend (which accounts for nearly all of it) is well known by now. If humans weren't here, the earth would be slipping into an ice age right now.

maybe, i am not scientist and i don't really care any more. I had my sign carrying banner flying stop the pollution, save the ozone days already. i did my part and stopped using airisal cans and stiraphome. I worked with OSPRIG donated money to the seria club, started recycling when you still had to FIND a center to recycle at, i was a vegetarian. ate local organic and low on the food chain. i did all the right things and you know what, people didn't change, the world was not saved and all the idiots still reign supreme. so i decided there has to be a reason for that. we are part of nature. we are as much an animal as any other animal on the planet. we are more conceited, self centered in the bad way more resource hogging more damaging and certainly more disgusting than any of the other animals. but we evolved and here were are. if we are lucky we will blow ourselves up before we find another planet to populate and destroy.

hmmm there's that bitter thing again. i need to keep working on that ;)

Why yes you do! Aren't you Gen-X? Then you're not nearly bitter enough! All those freakin happy go-slappy Gen-Y folks get on my nerves :anger:

And your right, we are part of nature, we're just on a slower cycle. Look at any isolated population with no competition, limited resources and a rapid breading rate... First thing that happens is that they use all the resources and go into starvation , then the numbers shrink rapidly due to shortages/infighting, followed by excess food due to the much decreased numbers which leads to rapid growth. (Think rabbits on an island with no foxes ;) ) The only thing we've added to the equation is the ability to kill ourselves off in 1 go with nuclear weapons :( So it all depends on damping, we'll either peak, and then settle to a stable population (might be some oscillation). Peak, and then indefinitely oscillate, or go unstable (but I don't think that's very likely barring nuclear war.).

The good news is we can't really screw up the planet, just make it uninhabitable for us :P

No, just that your trying to infiltrate the good guys and steel their secrets. As I have black, I just get to sit back and be amused ;)

I suppose you could be converted, but the drapes would have to match :noway: