Tick Attack

I think it was Dateline that I saw Frontline causing animals to have fits of vicious vomiting after they ingested small amounts of it. Revolution is what I give my animals and it protects against fleas, tick, all types of worms and other malady's. While living in the midwest, our school would do regular checks for lice and ticks about once a month. I hated waiting in line for someone to pick through my hair. I've had several ticks on me found in this manner. For removal, they would heat a needle up to red-hot and then singe the sucker so that it would release it's grasp before being grabbed by tweezers.

Frontline isn't meant to be ingested, it's applied topically between the animals shoulder blades where the animal can't get to it and ingest it. When used correctly, it's safe and it works. For dogs and cats vs. ticks and fleas, I understand it's the most recommended by vets.

The red-hot needle thing is also plain wrong and flat-out unnecessary. I'm sure quite a few kids were burned from it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I use frontline on myself? If not, can I at least wrap one of those flea and tick collars around my junk? :o

ticks on my nutz seems about as cool as a fart in a bivy sack

Frontline is meant for dogs and cats, and is dosed by weight/size. Yeah, I think best for you may be to do the collar thing. No guarantees on what might fall off, though. :crosseye:

I remember reading about the twisting method years ago. You did it very gently, working it side to side with the tip of the Q-tip until it worked out. It worked every time for me, but I agree that its not a great method. You don’t want to twist the head off. I used Permethrin while hunting turkeys one year and picked dead ones out of my socks at the end of the day. Never found a live one on me. Serious pesticide though... Got it at REI.

This shit is funny... either I'm the luckiest fuc#er on the planet or just lucky.... I have lived in this state all my life and have climbed/hiked and been just about everwhere I can think of and never had a tick on my ball sack or other. I don't shave much and have 8 hairs on my chest.... I never thought that would be something I'd be proud of :)..

These little fuc$ers do really suck though. I feel for the very hairy of our group.....

:)

I was hiking outside of bend about 15 years ago and my partner and I would stop every few hours to take tick checks. I went off to the brush to piss and looked down and there was a tick on my nutz. I just about freaked out completely. I just reached down and tried to flick him off to no avail. I had to squeeze him with my finger nails. Thank god he had not embedded yet. I still have nightmares.

Holy shit Kev.... thats um, NUTZ! Did know ticks are one of the United State's "most deadly animals"? Just think, you could have contracted lime disease through you scrotum! :lmao: