Climbing Getting Popular

Chaps

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ho! Looks like you guys are keeping the banter mostly on climbing. Glad to see it looks like that Seahawks fellow got banned for posting fluff in my thread.

So hey, what climbing store do you guys like? I heard that the REI flagship store there in Seattle has a wicked cool climbing wall? The pictures look AWESOME. Sometime I'd like to fly out and give that thing a go. Does it protect with gear or are there bolts? Who here has lead that beast? Looks like some pretty stout climbing.

Hi ho! Looks like you guys are keeping the banter mostly on climbing. Glad to see it looks like that Seahawks fellow got banned for posting fluff in my thread.

So hey, what climbing store do you guys like? I heard that the REI flagship store there in Seattle has a wicked cool climbing wall? The pictures look AWESOME. Sometime I'd like to fly out and give that thing a go. Does it protect with gear or are there bolts? Who here has lead that beast? Looks like some pretty stout climbing.

:lmao:

Good point tvashtarkatena....does anyone have a topo for the REI wall? I want make sure there is SOMETHING within my range before I fly out.

i wouldn't go if i were you. washington climbing is way to hard and the aproaches are way to long. if you want to climb at the collums here in Eugene with me though, just let me know. I think i can put up a top rope and if not i am sure i can find someone who will ;)

Good point tvashtarkatena....does anyone have a topo for the REI wall? I want make sure there is SOMETHING within my range before I fly out.

i wouldn't go if i were you. washington climbing is way to hard and the aproaches are way to long.

At least two miles

i wouldn't go if i were you. washington climbing is way to hard and the aproaches are way to long.

At least two miles

:lmao::tup: i bet it is 2 miles from decent parking to the REI wall.

:lmao:

Muffy, stop making fun of people! You silly goose.

You actually park right underneath it. The odds of having your car broken into are about the same as in Icicle Canyon, though.

it's better at the collums. i can actualy drive my car close enough to the rock to sit on my bumper and belay. i am totaly serious. i have actualy (no joke) seen people do this.

You actually park right underneath it. The odds of having your car broken into are about the same as in Icicle Canyon, though.

You'll have to navigate out of the parking lot.

nah if you just start driving into things eventualy everone gets out of your way ;)