Climbing Getting Popular

Chaps

As usual, a lot of fluff here, but little about climbing. Anyway, it seems like climbing is getting pretty popular. Everytime I bring up that I'm a climber at a party or at work everyone one wants to be my friend. In general, would you say that climbing is getting pretty popular?

Feel free to reply with my thread with climbing talk. Keep your silly antics out. Thanks.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip Douglas: [bursts out laughing] I'm just jerking your chain! Ha ha ha. The look on your face! Ha ha, you are too easy!

Stop being a pest please. I don't want any distractions from the task at hand, which is discussing climbing. So stop it with your Chip Douglas nonsense.

Anyway, I'll ignore this Seahawks guy. Obviously this guy is just a football fan who got lost on the internet and ended up by accident on a climbing bulletin board. I would bet he has never climbed a 30m pitch in his life.

Here is a little quiz for you Seahawks:

What do you call the snap rings used for climbing? The technical term please. If you don't know you should consider yourself ignorant and go to the back of the line!

G-Spotter, get some manners. And anyway, you have demonstrated that you are unfit for this thread anyway.

I'm going to send the Moderators some messages asking for you to be removed from my thread since you can't seem to behave.

Anyway, I'll ignore this Seahawks guy. Obviously this guy is just a football fan who got lost on the internet and ended up by accident on a climbing bulletin board. I would bet he has never climbed a 30m pitch in his life.

Here is a little quiz for you Seahawks:

What do you call the snap rings used for climbing? The technical term please. If you don't know you should consider yourself ignorant and go to the back of the line!

Hey dumb fuck this is spray, get a life. Go fluff with rodent. :fahq:

carabiners

G-Spotter, get some manners. And anyway, you have demonstrated that you are unfit for this thread anyway.

I'm going to send the Moderators some messages asking for you to be removed from my thread since you can't seem to behave.

Oh my God your a fricking moron.

Moderators, Seahawks is clearly in violation of all rules of good taste. Please remove him from my thread. Thanks, and have a great evening.

Moderators, Seahawks is clearly in violation of all rules of good taste. Please remove him from my thread. Thanks, and have a great evening.

If good Taste was the criteria for spray, K-bone would been gone long ago.

What does it feel like to have 1036 posts of non-climbing related useless banter under your belt? You must be proud. I don't usually use such language, but you really come off as a real jackass. It's fun to tease people who take climbing serious, huh?

Why are you even here? You clearly don't belong. Sure, you passed the little quiz, but so can my 10 year old niece. It is pretty clear that you exist to be a pest. How does it make you feel? Do you actually enjoy it? Have you considered maybe doing something positive with your life? Go give blood or something, if you aren't infected with some disease. Otherwise I'm afraid that you just are a waste of carbon. Sorry to be so harsh, but you've got to live up to the facts...your contribution on this earth isn't adding up to much.

What does it feel like to have 1036 posts of non-climbing related useless banter under your belt? You must be proud. I don't usually use such language, but you really come off as a real jackass. It's fun to tease people who take climbing serious, huh?

Why are you even here? You clearly don't belong. Sure, you passed the little quiz, but so can my 10 year old niece. It is pretty clear that you exist to be a pest. How does it make you feel? Do you actually enjoy it? Have you considered maybe doing something positive with your life? Go give blood or something, if you aren't infected with some disease. Otherwise I'm afraid that you just are a waste of carbon. Sorry to be so harsh, but you've got to live up to the facts...your contribution on this earth isn't adding up to much.

:lmao: :lmao:

Now that is funny.

As usual, a lot of fluff here, but little about climbing. Anyway, it seems like climbing is getting pretty popular. Everytime I bring up that I'm a climber at a party or at work everyone one wants to be my friend. In general, would you say that climbing is getting pretty popular?

Feel free to reply with my thread with climbing talk. Keep your silly antics out. Thanks.

i have found this as well. i have taken plenty of people out offering to climb with them and show them the ropes (pun intended) what i find is that 80% of them just think they want to climb. they don't want to read any books or work out and train to climb and they certainly don't want to give up their season tickets to college foot ball or their manicured lawns to take the sport seriously. most of them, just THINK they want to climb.