'Distal Bicep Tendon Rupture'

Climber57

Ouch.....probably having surgery soon. (Although I've heard that some people do not opt for surgery, but there is remaining weakness and some deformity in the bicep if one does not.)

Any feedback on surgery experience & recovery would be ok with me...Misery loves company...

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I blew my bicep tendon by the elbow 10 years ago, it was still attached but the muscle was balled up and there was a big gap between the elbow and where it was balled up.

The doc ( Smith Olympia) wanted to cut, but before the MRI he told me if it was still attached it would repair itself, than he wanted to cut without even looking at the MRI, than the MRI showed it was torn but still attached, so I told him no surgery, he was pissed. At the time he said that it was not the way to treat this type of injury and with surgry 80% recovery was best case senario.

I was in a cast for a month than after 2 months he forced me back to work (Ironwork)I could only lift 25 pounds with it,I also started climbing, I would pull it to the point of hurting it and recover over and over (sports type recovery) for the next 2 years, now it is better than 80 %

It looks bigger and stronger than the other but isn't,proably 90% of what it was, my forearm muscle is a little larger from taking up some of the work.

I have heard scare storys of pulled staples, he was going to drill a hole in the bone cut the tendon and reattach.

Addvice: get an MRI, make sure you have the right doctor, sports type recovery( keep climbing ).

Good luck, get in touch with me if you want to know anything else.

LUCKY