Food cache logisitcs in cascades

downfall

Food cache option  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Food cache option

So this summer am heading out on a 2 week trip this summer which will take me across two roads in the cascades which will be reasonable places to place a food cache. If you were leaving two caches in the cascades how would you protect your food. Is there any option i'm not thinking of?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw the bears, in days past the question would have been how to Beckey-proof your cache so you didn't arrive at it to find Fred sitting on it waiting to drag you up god knows what.

:lmao:

Nice one Joseph.

Come down for the next 'Fest so I can kick your ass in horseshoes again. :eveeel:

Might be kind of obvious, but if you leave food in your car, be sure it's sealed off in a cooler or something. Once, mice found their way into my car and sampled each item of food I had! Thankfully I was only on an overnight climb.

Rodentia are a much bigger concern than bears, really...

Make sure whatever you do is MOUSEPROOF!

caching food that bears or other critters get into not only screws you on your food supply, it screws the animals too by giving them food they're not accustomed to and teaching them to associate humans (or our items) with food...for that reason, I would vote bear cannister or vehicle...

Might be kind of obvious, but if you leave food in your car, be sure it's sealed off in a cooler or something. Once, mice found their way into my car and sampled each item of food I had! Thankfully I was only on an overnight climb.

hah that happened to me when I climbed n ridge of stuart & theres very few lows like the ones involving dreaming of food for the past 10hrs only to find mice have eaten it... :(