RAPE ALARM!

i_like_sun

Yeah, my house buddy just bought one off of eBay, and he seems to think its the damn funniest thing since toilet paper!

Everytime someone comes over, he sneakily disapears for a few minutes, then jumps out with this little black box that makes a sound that only Satan himself could appreciate.

He also startles people in the middle of the night who walk by a 1:00am.

BLLuuhhhhhh..... :eveeel::lmao:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposed to sound like someone is getting raped....

Its insanely funny!

That is supposed to funny!?!?!? I don't see how something called a rape box can be considered funny, I find it pretty fucking disgusting that someone can market something like this. Gotta love the US where the sound of someone getting raped is found to be funny. :noway: Fucking idiotic!!!

Edited by ken4ord

I think the intended use of the alarm is to prevent rape by drawing attention to the victim during an attack. I don't think it is supposed to sound like someone getting raped.

Here I am, thinking "I_like_sun" is a smart kid. Maybe he should change his avatar to "I_like_dumbassery".

Unfortunately, it's been proven that screaming, yelling rape, etc doesn't work. Women who attend self defense classes are often told to yell something like "I've dropped my diamonds" in order to get people's attention. Apparently, folks don't want to "get involved" when they hear a woman screaming.

Note that I have never heard on of these alarms, so I don't know what one actually sounds like.

Apparently, folks don't want to "get involved" when they hear a woman screaming

Actually, what has been established through repeated experimentation is the principle of "diffusion of responsibility". Basically, if you are by yourself and you hear a woman screaming, there is almost a 100% chance that you will investigate. If there are five people around, odds are that one of you will check it out. If there are twenty people around, maybe someone will look. But, if there are one hundred witnesses, no one will do anything, because at that point you are only 1% responsible for acting...

You could hang out with I_like_dumbassery's room mate. He sounds like a fun guy.

Yeah, he's a crazy nut. He seems to get off by totally screwing with people.....

Just this morning there were these two 14 year olds playing in the street taking pictures of each other. One of them then pretended to pole dance on a stop sign, and my buddy opens the window and yells at the top of his lungs "YEAH MYSPACE!!!" Then he let the rape alarm work its magic....

The girls, completely horrified, bolted up the street and I seriously almost die laughing.....

I_like_laughing! :lmao:

Supposed to sound like someone is getting raped....

Its insanely funny!

That is supposed to funny!?!?!? I don't see how something called a rape box can be considered funny, I find it pretty fucking disgusting that someone can market something like this. Gotta love the US where the sound of someone getting raped is found to be funny. :noway: Fucking idiotic!!!

THank you for saying that. I agree. It's sad how twisted our humor has become.

Actually, the alarm itself when used in the ways I've described doesn't have any relationship to the actual [act] of rape. Its simply the sound of it that is so darn funny.

Personally I do agree with the statements that "humor and rape" should absolutely NOT be in the same sentance. There is NOTHING funny about rape whatsoever, and the fact that my buddy's little devise is called a "rape alarm" does strike me as mildly offensive.

To simplify it and decharge the situation, the only thing funny about the devise is its sound (which totally is not human sounding) and the reactions it elicits. Seriously, it sounds more like toy gost than anything and people just freak out about it - and thats funny!

Sorry if I've offended anyone. This post was intended to share the simple humor in startling innocent people... Not to joke about rape.