Careno Crag Access

Matt_Alford

This toic my have already been addressed here, but I thought I would ask.

I was up at Careno this weekend and the access is a little funky considering the new house built across the old trail.

With consideration for the privacy of the land owners and envoronmental impact, does anyone know what the best access for the crag is? My partner and I entered past a sign that said " Private Property-Climbers and Hikers enter at own Risk". Is this an agreement that has been reached between climbers and landowners to allow access to to the crag?

There was several "trails" apparently connecting to the old trail and I am curious if there could be any work done to create a standard trail for access that would address climbers and land owners concerns alike.

I appologize if this topic has already been discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

Thanks,

Matt

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We climbed at Poison Ivy Crack last year and met the landowner and his son. He was very friendly and we asked him about access across his property because of its proximity to the crags. His reponse was something like, "How are you guys going to climb the routes if you can't get there?" He basically gave permission to cross his property to get up there.

I've seen the sign he put up this year "...at own risk" and I'm pretty sure it's in response to climbers accessing his property.

rbwen