Climb Rainier next month???

Icescrewhold

Am looking for climbing partners to climb Mt. Rainier in the next two months?? Experience climbers prefered ( I have some experience, but am in the beginning stages of this obsession).

I have climbed baker and a few peaks in Oregon, but want to gain more experience on glacier travel... Have some crevasse rescue experience, etc......

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I too am still new to the larger mountains...lots of rock experience and plenty of peaks under my belt, but not much glacier travel experience or know-how. Tried Rainier last summer via Schurman but ran into difficulties and couldn't summit. I'd like to do some other climbs as warm-ups before Rainier, but would be comfortable having a try as part of a group.

tanner

If you guys are into piecing 3 or 4 smaller,"other", routes together prior to a push on Rainier I'd be game to join the cause. I did the Emmons Glacier a handful of years ago, not much glacier travel since. I too have a good amount of experience on rock and a good grasp on glacier travel and rescue. What route are you both interested in attempting?

Aaron

Have you guys connected to make this happen. I have a permit to climb Rainier DC route between June 11-15. Partners have bailed due to lack of commitment, but I am rearing to go. Scrambling to find a partner or two. I have 4 years experience in Alaska between 96-99 and spent 40 miles on a glacier traverse. Choose DC route to get back into it. Been up Whitney multiple times as a day trip.

Also, OK tagging on to someone else's trip.

Drop me an email at robgaspard@willbruder.com to let me know if you have made plans.

Just got back from Peru and am stoked to get going. I tried Rainier last may, but got into some bad weather ummmmm I want to climb Jefferson first or after Rainier, but anyway thats another story. I'm down...every week...lets go. Ive climbed all the oregon cascades and some in Washington.

Just got back from Peru and am stoked to get going. I tried Rainier last may, but got into some bad weather ummmmm I want to climb Jefferson first or after Rainier, but anyway thats another story. I'm down...every week...lets go. Ive climbed all the oregon cascades and some in Washington.

Oh and the DC wasn't really impressive from what I climbed, I'm down to do it again, but maybe a different route would be nice. (Fuhrer Finger, Gib ledges).

blaine9er@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Rob,

How about at the end of August?? I climbed with a guy from Minnesota and he might be able to make it then.....

We could practice crevasse rescue - that is a good time of year to do this. Am looking at hood, adams also this year..

Denali next year if the weather will let me.................

Ideas?

dan

What about doing rainier in late august/september?? Crevasses will be opened up and we could practive crevasse rescue??? Ideas?? let me know..

You have considerable experience on Rainier - your opinion? I am determined to give 100% to it this year..

Lets make a plan

dan

• 2 weeks later...

Im sort of new to the mountaineering this. though i have gone up to Muir and I summitted Adams over the Memorial day weekend. I just dont have experience with rope travel or crevasse rescue. but i am a quick and sharp learner. ALso i would love to summit Ranier.

DOnt know if anybody wants this kind of burden...but id be more than willing to practice crevasses rescue and rope travel beforehand

Jon