fake climbing

i_like_sun

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does gym climbing seem to suck so much? I just dont' have any motivation to get on the wall consistantly.......its SOOOO boring!

As such, my boldering skills are tumbling away...

Is this even Spray?

not really spray. but i agree. i dislike gym climbing. i get the BLUES in the winter cus i do'nt ski.

Gym climbing rules! I've never been so unscared of taking a fall!

Yeah, I've actually been more injured gym climbing than outdoors (thats probably because I'm WAY more cautious though).

I fell 16 feet at the Gardens once, and strained my leg super bad... that sucked, but it wasn't boring!

the only place i have ever back clipped was in the gym. the bolts are too close together and it does not give a good representation of what it feels like to climb 5' before you clip again.

i hope other gyms are better than the one we have here. it freaks me out cus sometimes the 5.10's are esaier than the 5.9's and the guy that puts up a lot of the routes here is REALLY tall and loves reachy climbs. I am 5'5" tall and when the wall is blank until a foot above my furthest reach... it is reall frustrating. outside i can almost always find an intermidiate hold, something to shimmy up or some tiny edge that the tall people don't need. inside, not so much. it can be very discouraging.

i could go on and on. it is okay for when it is the middle of winter, and i do go, it is better than nothing.

man,

as little time as i get to do anything, i really dig the gym...its efficient, fast and a good way to hang with some buddies (pun intended) and get an "ok" workout...

I have to admit that when i'm climbing well on rock, i don't neccessarily climb well on plastic, but if i'm climbing decent on plastic i always climb well outside...

that said, i still prefer outside, but its a time-deal for me...

I learned to climb outdoors and I like that best, but I like the gym too. It helps if there are several route setters, also I go during the day and often have the place to myself.

I know what you mean about z-clipping, I hate that, but I also do it at exit 38 a couple of times each season until I remember to be careful!

The gym is like going to the track if you're a 10K runner, not the same but useful for training.

the only place i have ever back clipped was in the gym. the bolts are too close together and it does not give a good representation of what it feels like to climb 5' before you clip again.

Muffy, I think you meant Z-Clipped.

no i meant back clip, had i meant z clip i would have said it. i have yet to z clip, and i think that would scare me even more. it really shook my confidence and was disorienting to back clip.

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

The most recent theory I heard was if you want to be a great climber you either need to be a shorty or really tall. The worst thing you can be is average height.

I'm about average height. :cry:

Naahh. I'm like 5' 11' (average) and I don't suck TOO bad.... I'd be way better if I didnt' rebel so much against indoor climbing though.

You might be right though... I know a dude whos like 300 feet tall, lanky and scawny as shit, and he f - kills it!

Nother dude: A 2 1/5 foot short, fat shit, who also KILLS it.

I show up looking all normal and such and people expect me to be a super karly bouldering freak........ then I do my pathetic little dance and basically show how much I suck.

Yeah.

Why does gym climbing seem to suck so much? I just dont' have any motivation to get on the wall consistantly.......its SOOOO boring!

As such, my boldering skills are tumbling away...

Is this even Spray?

Try using [ b ] and [ /b ] (without spaces) on either end that you want bold and your mad skills will return.