Workout Splits

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you asked-

I use a three day cycle:

Every Day: Tai chi for balance, yoga for flexibility, 30 min cardio (stairs, bike, or swim)

Day 1: Low back phys therapy, mostly core exercises, plus pushups, shoulder press, tricep exrcises(agonists muscles)

Day 2: Pull ups using pump rocks- x5 on the minute for ten minutes or frenchies (lock offs)

Day 3: Fingerboard, 4x4s on home wall or bouldering at the rock gym, followed by traversing to practice movement.

Whew, you'd think I'd be a better climber! I tried doing the day 2 and 3 day things on the same day, for both days, but i started tweaking my fingers. I also started using a footstool to support my feet with the fingerboard, cause i'm old and i kept hurting myself. I screw with the routine all the time, i don't know if this will help me out this year, but i'm hoping!

Also, I try to grab a rest day once or twice a week, usually a family things happens and I take a day off. OCD i guess!

Edited by miladugga

I'll bite:

Mon: Swim 4,000 yrds, run 8 miles, climb in the gym

Tues: Lift weights 75 min, bike 40 miles

Wed: Swim 4,000 yrds, run 8 miles, climb in the gym

Thur: Swim 4,000 yrds, bike 40 miles

Fri: Lift weights 75 min, run 8 miles

Sat: Swim 4,000 yrds, 3 hour trail run on Tiger Mt

Sun: Bike 60 miles, easy 90 min run up and down Mt Si

Rest: What for?

"segmented training builds segmented capacity"

uh, ok. what do ya mean?

lifting weights on monday and running on tuesday doesn't mean you will be able to run while carrying weights on wednesday. Someone who runs while carrying weights on monday AND tuesday will still crush you in Wednesday's race.

the only "split" that matters is the one between training and rest - and the schedule of that has no logical or physiological connection that I can see, to the days of the week.

Um... wow. I am impressed. Now that is a workout!

I'll bite:

You look like a fellow overtraining addict! I was doing this kind of volume for a long time, then BANG. FCUKED.

How much do you eat?

Oh yeah, HEY MYTHOS GIRL!

when i am not broken and i have a good week where life does not get in the way

Mon yoga

tue spin 45 hard cardio

wed yoga

thur spin then an hour or so at the rock gym

friday yoga

i hike and stuff on the weekends :)

i need to add more cardio and weights but christ i don't have the time.

dps---how do you find the time to do all the training you do? i have traing envy *nods*

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

"i hike and stuff on the weekends"

Muffy, me too. I tend lately to get in more "and stuff" than hiking however. It sucks.

I've been lifting weights like 4 days a week, walking everywhere, swimming (not long), elliptical (no more than 20 min.) and doing too much BMX.........I'm tired.... Also, for finger workouts, I've been wasting copious amounts of time and life throwing my [awsome] wisdom into the Spray forum - when my fingers feel the Spray burn too bad, thats when I start to get my physiology labs done.....

I think I eat around 3000 Kcal a day. Heck, I'm still trying to regain my muscles after last year's pathetic self carnage.

"i hike and stuff on the weekends"

Muffy, me too. I tend lately to get in more "and stuff" than hiking however. It sucks.

I've been lifting weights like 4 days a week, walking everywhere, swimming (not long), elliptical (no more than 20 min.) and doing too much BMX.........I'm tired.... Also, for finger workouts, I've been wasting copious amounts of time and life throwing my [awsome] wisdom into the Spray forum - when my fingers feel the Spray burn too bad, thats when I start to get my physiology labs done.....

I think I eat around 3000 Kcal a day. Heck, I'm still trying to regain my muscles after last year's pathetic self carnage.

ya i ate 3000 claories today. there are somedays i just want to barf everything i just ate. can i get some do overs over here? i can walk on my foot arround the house with out the cast a little bit. i am so ready to run. this summer i am going to start training with my 11 year old. we have a track across the street so i am going to try and hit it when ever we aren't off hiking somewhere.

at least i am a non smoker this summer :moondance:

Sunday: long run 11-12 miles

Monday: bike 20-30 miles

tuesday: long workout, usually, 2 mile warm-up, 800 tempo, 800-1200-800-800-400, 5x300, 2 mile cool down

wednesday: 6 miles with steeple drills

thursday: 2 mile warm-up, 800 tempo, 400-600-400-600-400, 4x300, with the 600s over hurdles, 2 mile cool down

friday: 5 miles with strides

saturday: RACE

push-ups, sit-ups and weights on easier days. Rock/ice/mountain climbing when i can.

Muffy!

I feel your pain! I've had I think 7 major orthopedic injuries....(at least 1 broken bone in every extremity, and 4 in my torso) all of which drove me INSANE. I do think however that when the cast comes off and you start to "do yar thang" again, you'll be super happy and fit! I've always come off of the injury train better, happier, and way more greatful for health than before.

Actually, as you've probably gathered from my overtraining rambles, injuries in the past have saved my ass from what I'm dealing with now: SPINE-BREAKING HEART STOPPING BURNOUT! Yeah, being broken before basically forced me to rest. Now I'm trying to figure out how to be human again, and get healthy [without] snapping my wrist, ankle, arm etc...

Jesus I have a terrible rambling problem!

Muffy!

I feel your pain! I've had I think 7 major orthopedic injuries....(at least 1 broken bone in every extremity, and 4 in my torso) all of which drove me INSANE. I do think however that when the cast comes off and you start to "do yar thang" again, you'll be super happy and fit! I've always come off of the injury train better, happier, and way more greatful for health than before.

Actually, as you've probably gathered from my overtraining rambles, injuries in the past have saved my ass from what I'm dealing with now: SPINE-BREAKING HEART STOPPING BURNOUT! Yeah, being broken before basically forced me to rest. Now I'm trying to figure out how to be human again, and get healthy [without] snapping my wrist, ankle, arm etc...

Jesus I have a terrible rambling problem!

ahhh darlin i can so realte. the past 2 years have been so hard. you are so right. breaking my foot made me remeber how much i love my life, how greatful i am that i can move and it also has reminded me to stop pushing so hard for the top and sit and watch the sun set and smell the flowers. that is why i really do all of this any way.

gettin back to my authentic self my brutha :moondance: sickie ;)

OH Muffy.......

Do you want to start a spiritual cult with me?

No, seriously, I too am realizing that the only really important thing IS taking the time to smell the flowers and melt into happiness at the sweetest and simplest things. Like BUTTERFLIES! Although I am still experiencing a massive and debilitating case of testosterone poisoning, I can see myself [hopefully] relaxing one day and actually having FUN. I don't quite know how my idea of "fun" got morphed and twisted into "fun = starving and suffering", but the injury cycle does seem to have pattern qualities.

I'm super stoked that you are finding that authentic self too! My authentic self seems to have run off on an affair... leaving me going "WTF?!" Because I'm having to recreate a human being out of this wasted mess...

Later:-p

Yes :) Lets write a book ;)

for reals, everytime i start training hard and thinking i am going to get something going and i am going roxor... i get injured or violently ill. i am thinking the universe is telling me something. not really sure what. but it's something.

the title of our Cult should be

"how to ecxell at being mediocer"

and our research can start with "the Theory of Good enough"--some lady already wrote that book ;)