Name of the route above Sloe Children?

Tony_Bentley

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's documented but not listed here on cc.com. DCramer has a site thats got pics of the route and descriptions. I made a link to it, but I guess it was too much for the site and my post got deleted :(

The route is an 11a, no name that I know of and there are other routes newly cleaned and setup to the right as well. If you want to actually visit a climbing site that talks mostly about climbing and lists routes and info go check out rcnw.net and look up this route under Sky Valley on the Lower Wall.

I think the site is great! Too bad it's so low bandwidth right now.

-TCG

How about

Phast Children ;)

I still give it a 10+/11-. I think the slab moves over the first roof is way more than just a 10b and the traverse under the roof is definately more than a 10c with gear and smeary feat, but I think getting on the nubbins on the face to make it to the jug in the top roof and then pulling the lip puts it into the 11 range. I mean sloe children is listed at what? 10d? I can't remember, but either way I think it's a step up from that at least.

Then again I'm old, fat and can't climb very hard anymore :)

Sloe Children was named after a band if I recall. Maybe the route could be another band name like Boogie Brown or something.

If it was up to me I would name it after my favorite (named) band "Black Mayo".

Edited by klar404

I think I was calling it something like "Little tommy's sandbox"

I have heard everything from 11c to 10c for the grade. I thought it was 11- It seams the roof might be a little height dependent.

I am glad people are actually climbing the route, it makes a great final pitch for the lower wall link up.

• 1 year later...