Gas Prices above $3 Again

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say

commute 46 miles round trip every day.....sucks the big one.

then say

Bought a great house in the woods and love it. This is were I am staying.

either you like your life or you dont, what you like half of your life...?

Because my commute takes me to my paycheck to pay for the great house in the woods. What…..are you stupid.

As far as I know, there is no current plan - even in a vague sort of concept proposal - to build anything extending beyond Northgate. There has been talk of a line to Bellevue, and this might actually serve a greater commuter population but I'm not convinced that more people commute between Northgate and downtown than they do between the airport and downtown.

Even though I live fairly close to Northgate, it seems to me that an airport to downtown line was a great first step and I'd prioritize a line to Bellevue over one to Lynnwood.

Funny you should mention this. Look at what is in the news.49 More Miles of Light Rail: You'll get to vote

"The expanded light rail would take the line as far south as the Tacoma Dome and as far north as Ash Way near Mill Creek, and would include an extension to Bellevue and Overlake, plus additions to Sounder commuter rail and express bus service. These changes alone add more than $1 billion to the base cost estimates."

point being you really are not impacting the consumption of fule unless you do not ride in cars.

That's silly. Conservation isn't about stopping use (you don't conserve water by not drinking it at all); it's about using the resource more wisely than we do now.

Carpooling is a big part of that.

I disagree. i think 2 people in a car although considered carpooling, is not. if you are going to make an impact you aught to stop wasting resources all together. there is no NEED to leave city limits and every thing you NEED is well with in the city bus limits. that is conservation. conservation is fundamentaly not using more than you NEED.

"The expanded light rail would take the line as far south as the Tacoma Dome and as far north as Ash Way near Mill Creek, and would include an extension to Bellevue and Overlake, plus additions to Sounder commuter rail and express bus service. These changes alone add more than $1 billion to the base cost estimates."

Best news I've heard from our local gubbermint in a while.

Best news I've heard from our local gubbermint in a while.

Bad news is how long it's going to take before it's finished. 2029!

I don't get why a lot of people want to get into these weird semantic debates.

to avoid facing any kind of truth other than the one they are spoon fed by thier peers, media and society. critical thinking is a thing of the past.

I disagree. i think 2 people in a car although considered carpooling, is not.

Does anyone know what this woman's trying to get at? Is it that she has a deep seated need to invent her own secret language?

as a matter of fact i do have my own language. If you contact snoboy he may be able to get you a copy of the muffy to English dictionary. :cool:

p.s. after having conferred in with the grammar police, my sentence is a bit awkward, but grammatically correct. fyi

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

I disagree. i think 2 people in a car although considered carpooling, is not.

Does anyone know what this woman's trying to get at? Is it that she has a deep seated need to invent her own secret language?

It's good to see her needs have, and continue to be, met.

I <3 dechristo :grin:

to avoid facing any kind of truth other than the one they are spoon fed by thier peers, media and society. critical thinking is a thing of the past.

Ok, I am not sure I understand your post, but I'm thinking real critically now. I'm thinking that any attempt at using resources less wastefully is welcome, even if it's something you apparently see as weak, like 2 people in a car that used to have 1 in it.

So what is your point? If you REALLY want to argue about the definitions of words, there is actually A BOOK ALL ABOUT THAT.

Make friends.

Or make boyfriends...

My boyfriend has a car and when we go climbing or to the mountains we usually carpool and find a bunch of ppl who also want to go and split the gas.

I have one or two of those as well darlin' but I don't NEED any of them. Being left with 2 kids and 3 $ taught me to never ever base my life on any one man period.

To safely ride in a gas efficient car the most people you could safely transport are 4 including the driver. Any more than that and you are likely in a vehicle that is less than fuel efficient. Unless your boyfriend has purchased one of the brand new ford Hybrids, or he has opted to use bio diesel you are still wasting resources.

What I am trying to point out is that you have to look at both sides of the equation. You have to live how you believe, and believe how you live. You don’t do that hunny.

I have my own car(i don't like to drive and wont if i can find someone else to do it, but if i want to i can), my own home, and my own gear. I have often opted to head out to climb with a bunch of people and that is a great time.

One of the things I really love is to head out and go hike alone. It is blissful and peaceful and life affirming.

It is also a great time to take my boys hiking. They are more fun than most adults and the best hiking buddies ever.

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Ok, I am not sure I understand your post, but I'm thinking real critically now. I'm thinking that any attempt at using resources less wastefully is welcome, even if it's something you apparently see as weak, like 2 people in a car that used to have 1 in it.

So what is your point? If you REALLY want to argue about the definitions of words, there is actually A BOOK ALL ABOUT THAT.

What I am saying is that it is bull shit to get all self righteous when you are but a tiny itty bitty drop in a bucket that is not getting full very fast. I am not saying it is pointless I am just saying it is not making any big difference. If you want to make a big difference you certainly can. I know people who live totally off grid and are really happy that way. THAT is their hobby as they grow much of their own food and make the BEST choices possible most of the time. If you want to be self righteous... do that.