Mt. Jefferson

peakseek

Would like to find some folks to climb Mt. Jefferson with sometime in the next couple of months. At least one person out of the group who has summited would be ideal. I'm only concerned about the last 400' and the rock fall up there. Also some folks who have or would be interested in doing all three sisters in a day! 2 people o.k. 4 would be better and still manageable. I've got the brute strength and stamina but nothing when it comes to any rockclimbing skills. Have climbed Hood and Rainier, (unguided with a 2006 Aconcagua team) . Only have a crevasse rescue class behind me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Would be interested in Jefferson and have plans for hood, adams, and rainier this year too... Would you be interested in climbing Rainier again?

I have limited experience, but took a 6 day mountainairing class with alpine ascents (baker). Am in great shape, want to get some more experience and am planning on denali next year..... Am also wanting to hook-up with some climbers and plan other climbs..

Your thoughts?

I haven't been, but know a few who have...pro doesn't sound good, but technically do-able. I've got the rock experience but not much knowledge of OR mtns. When were you thinkin'? I'm doing Glacier peak Mem. Day, but not much in the way of plans otherwise.

tanner

I would like to climb/ski Jefferson in the coming weeks... have approached Jefferson from Pamela Lake in the past... it sucked. Would like to try it via Jefferson Park ( I climbed up from Jefferson Park last summer to do a little reckon...was a very cool route).

Attempted to climb/skit the Middle and South Sister two weeks ago... weather sucked… ended up climbing part of North instead.Would be up for it again... maybe a stab at all three too.

Do the rest of you ski/climb? I've always wanted to do Glacier Peak as well.

I am also interested in skiing or climbing Glacier Peak some time this month. I have BC skiing and climbing experience, although little glacier travel experience. I'd also be into any other less technically difficult glacier routes to ski or climb in WA this spring or summer to gain some experience on glaciers.

I up for Jefferson. I have not climbed only approached it last summer. Have my own gear. Not a lot of glacier experience. Hood, Whitney, Rainier with RMI.

Would like to do any high cascade on the weekend. Skiing sounds good too. Like, how about Hood this (5/13 Sun) weekend?

...the easiest route is 4th class or easy 5th.

Not true. As you start up the final little pitch to the summit (4th class dihedral), you can bypass most of this by looking climber's right for a small notch in the ridge. Working your way through this and onto the west face leads to some 3rd class, albeit exposed, boulders. I didn't know about this heading up, but coming off the top I found this much easier.

Essentially you will be directly above the 'terrible traverse' when taking this by-pass.