Robot Cams

Smee

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Mountain Sports was closing out their stock of HB cams for $35 per cam, regular price of $55. I don't know if they have any left.

From what I understand the Robots don't have cam stops which means you can't use them for passive pro. I dont know why you would haul cams around only to use them as passive pro, but that is what I have read on the Robots.

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:

...the Robots don't have cam stops which means you can't use them for passive pro. I dont know why you would haul cams around only to use them as passive pro...

Because when you run across that pod that flares inward and you know that cam will walk into it and eventually tip out,you'll be damn glad that you can umbrella that cam and use it for pro. I've placed alot of cams in exactly this scenario when there wasn't another option.

The Rock Empire Cams are made by Hudysport in the Czech Repub. Hudysport is also the manufacturer of Trango's line of Pro - with little or no variation in the overall quality. I don't own a pair of Empire's yet, but from inspection at a couple of shops they look nice, if no frills.

Carl

I think this thread has gone around before, but...

I have a set (3) of the mini-robot cams and they are great except for their low range of usability. If you check their website and compare it with something like a metolious TCU, you'll see that the robots cover about 1/2 the range of a metolious. On the plus side, the robots are cheaper so you can buy more! Then again, I've noticed that the small ones are more difficult to set properly due to the previous fact.

The larger cams of theirs have a simmilar triger to any U shape cam, except there is no room for your outside fingers on a "3-finger" placement. Thus they have big one finger bars. I'd imagine that lack of range isn't too much of a problem with the larger sizes...