the highlight of my day

ivan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know i am stunned at how many peaople are shocked and appaled that there is access to guns and they should be illigal but think that drugs are just fine. drugs kill just as much if not more than guns do.

Guns don't kill people. People use guns (among other things) to kill people....

you know i am stunned at how many peaople are shocked and appaled that there is access to guns and they should be illigal but think that drugs are just fine. drugs kill just as much if not more than guns do.

Except a random stranger won't point a sack of weed at you and you'll fall over dead. Death by self-stupidity is one thing. Death by the stupidity and anger of others is quite another.

Except a random stranger won't point a sack of weed at you and you'll fall over dead. Death by self-stupidity is one thing. Death by the stupidity and anger of others is quite another.

driving drunk kills even more people. pointing a 3000 pound car at someone doing 60 mph is just as deadly as a semi-automatic Glock. and driving under the influence of drugs can do the same.

then there is the effect of drugs on crime - robbery, murder, etc. to get cash for the next "fix"

driving drunk kills even more people. pointing a 3000 pound car at someone doing 60 mph is just as deadly as a semi-automatic Glock. and driving under the influence of drugs can do the same.

then there is the effect of drugs on crime - robbery, murder, etc. to get cash for the next "fix"

yes yes and yes. many murders and violent crimes are casued by people who are loaded want to get loaded or need to get loaded. the majority of times in my life that i have been threatend raped beaten etc i was high and with some one who was high. i can not say this enough, there is nothing atractive about the drug culture. I don't even smoke pot any more. the reason for that is in part becuase the dealers i knew were making a shit ton of money selling pot and they were also collecting food stamps and welfare and financial aid to go to collage plus they were using the state health plan. i disagreed so intensly with those people fucking over the rest of us i had to either do what they were doing, or quit using drugs and contributing to thier wealth. they were making more money than most high income people in the area and still collecting all forms of state and federal "help"

drugs fuck up the chemistry of your mind. even pot. i know someone who got so fucked up using just pot and drinking that he went off the deep end. my theripist said it was likely drug induced psycosis. that person is not even able to care for himself any more. any genetic pre disposion one may have to mental illness will be agravated by drug consupmtion. the possablity exisits that if you never used you would be fine and live a normal productive life. if you use the possability of going of the deep in inceases drasticly.

Not to mention driving while talking on the cell phone, which has a similar accident rate.

the dealers i knew were making a shit ton of money selling pot and they were also collecting food stamps and welfare and financial aid to go to collage plus they were using the state health plan. i disagreed so intensly with those people fucking over the rest of us i had to either do what they were doing, or quit using drugs and contributing to thier wealth. they were making more money than most high income people in the area and still collecting all forms of state and federal "help"

hmm - sounds like everyone in "trainspotting" :)

hmmm...wow. after reading this, all i can say is that i am a complete and total hypocrite.

as a parent, you know your kid is going to cross some imaginary line that you have. you know they're going to get themselves in trouble. i guess the line is just different for all of us.

for those that aren't parents yet, the thing i didn't understand as a kid was this: it wasn't that my parents were mean, uptight, stupid. i wasn't in trouble b/c i had broken the rules, been disrespectful, or rude. i was in trouble b/c they wanted me to be safe and happy. that's it. right or wrong, their rules were put in place for that reason...safe and happy...nothing more complicated or nefarious.

the dealers i knew were making a shit ton of money selling pot and they were also collecting food stamps and welfare and financial aid to go to collage plus they were using the state health plan. i disagreed so intensly with those people fucking over the rest of us i had to either do what they were doing, or quit using drugs and contributing to thier wealth. they were making more money than most high income people in the area and still collecting all forms of state and federal "help"

hmm - sounds like everyone in "trainspotting" :)

i was preggers when i saw that movie. It was so disturbing to me i balled for hours after. they were so high they let the baby die.

for those that aren't parents yet, the thing i didn't understand as a kid was this: it wasn't that my parents were mean, uptight, stupid. i wasn't in trouble b/c i had broken the rules, been disrespectful, or rude. i was in trouble b/c they wanted me to be safe and happy. that's it. right or wrong, their rules were put in place for that reason...safe and happy...nothing more complicated or nefarious.

There is another area of concern for parents. Depending on the parents, it's a factor of anywhere from 1% to 99%, but it's their concerns for their own embarassment when their kid does something fucked-up. The more a parent defends their child on the basis of "Johnny/Suzy would never do something like that", the more this factor appears to be present...unless, they're simply clueless dumbfucks.

just to be sure everyone understands, as a couple of folks pm'ed me confused, i did turn over the offending ipod as soon as i got it - wether or not the parents give a shit is immaterial, they must be informed, legally and morally in this case. having dealt w/ them before, i'd wager they won't be too angry.

...kid is an adult....

isn't "kid" by definition not an adult?? :confused:

In my opinion, there is a couple of years that you are both. I remember being pissed that I had to pay for an adult movie ticket yet not be allowed to watch an adult (R rated) movie. I think we can all remember back to those difficult years when we were both children and adults at the same time.

hmmm...wow. after reading this, all i can say is that i am a complete and total hypocrite.

Well sure. I mean, who isn't? Life isn't easy or pretty, but it's easy to confiscate the Pot, give the lecture about drugs, and then smoke it yourself eh?

I think the importnat thing is keeping the lines of communication open, and not being to much of a hypocrite.

as a parent, you know your kid is going to cross some imaginary line that you have. you know they're going to get themselves in trouble. i guess the line is just different for all of us.

this is so spot on! My world would end if something happened to my kids...

There is another area of concern for parents. Depending on the parents, it's a factor of anywhere from 1% to 99%, but it's their concerns for their own embarassment when their kid does something fucked-up. The more a parent defends their child on the basis of "Johnny/Suzy would never do something like that", the more this factor appears to be present...unless, they're simply clueless dumbfucks.

This is complete bullshit and potential embarrassment never factors into my interactions with my kids...if that was the case this stupid site would be my undoing more times than not...

are you a parent???? I think not, but i may be wrong...

...kid is an adult....

isn't "kid" by definition not an adult?? :confused:

In my opinion, there is a couple of years that you are both. I remember being pissed that I had to pay for an adult movie ticket yet not be allowed to watch an adult (R rated) movie. I think we can all remember back to those difficult years when we were both children and adults at the same time.

yes, you may have thought you were an "adult" but you weren't...looking back, i'm very lucky to be here...I was hardly an "adult"...