the highlight of my day

ivan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are more stuck up than I thought..wtf were you doin at 15 hmmm, lets see i was getin laid, smokin dope, doin acid...chill out, talk to the kid about the blow and move on

god you guys are old and getting lame

YES and YES.

you guys are more stuck up than I thought..wtf were you doin at 15 hmmm, lets see i was getin laid, smokin dope, doin acid...chill out, talk to the kid about the blow and move on

totally agree

i would have agreed before i had my boys. now i hope to god if thye are using and being stupid about thier sexual choices i hope to god someone tells me.

confiscated an ipod ...

figured since she made a big deal out of refusing to hand the thing over until after she turned it off that i oughta take a look at it...

if only i could share w/ the group w/o crossing some sorta ethical boundary.... :)

Personally, I think it's bullshit to be looking at her stuff. I'm sure the school district has a policy that a teacher CAN do this (maybe with some reason to suspect something "bad"?), but you were straight up snooping!

If you don't think it was snooping, why did you dig into it? Cause you could? That's snooping!

Bullshit. She may have disrespected you by bringing it and not paying attention, but punish her "by the books" and not by invading her privacy. Confiscate and return or destroy.

Bullshit.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Remember when the teachers would threaten, "This is going on your permanent record !" Like it was the Book of Life or something?

In 5th grade I got caught passing a naughty note to a boy(it was a phase); when the teacher confiscated it, I imagined it to be sitting in a folder somewhere for all to see throughout my school years. From then on, I never wanted my mom to come to any school meetings or functions, for fear she'd see it in my "permanent record."

Turns out, it never did end up there, but the embarrasment of thinking it was there scared the crap out of me.

Ivan, you now have the power. Use it for good. :tup:

Edited to add: BTW, the boy to whom I gave the note--years later, HE ended up in prison. Talk about a permanent "record." :/

Edited by Sherri

Gimme a ring when you confiscate the coke and then we'll have somthing to talk and be buddies about. Till then, ahhh, just kids being kids.

Hand it back with a wink and and a stern look say "better keep better tabs on what goes on there, and please, for your sake, don't pull that out again in class". "Are we clear here young lady"?

Nice memories I'll bet.

i hope to god someone tells me

if your doin your job right they will!!

thing 1 and thing 2 are grounded today cus the school called to tell me they were pushing eachother into traffic on the way home from school on monday. sometimes i just can not figure out what the hell they were thinking. :mad:

Gimme a ring when you confiscate the coke and then we'll have somthing to talk and be buddies about. Till then, ahhh, just kids being kids.

Hand it back with a wink and and a stern look say "better keep better tabs on what goes on there, and please, for your sake, don't pull that out again in class". "Are we clear here young lady"?

Nice memories I'll bet.

you know, thats not bad. mortification and shame go a long way to corrective behavior. still think parents should know if a 15 year old is doig hard drugs.

thing 1 and thing 2 are grounded today cus the school called to tell me they were pushing eachother into traffic on the way home from school on monday. sometimes i just can not figure out what the hell they were thinking. :mad:

Having been a boy earlier I can assure you they were not thinking at all. This is just the way of the world. We use to do all kinds of rude shit to each other....ant try not to get caught...and we all survived and grew up despite it all.

BTW, Ivan, the highlight of my day now is the vision of what MAY have been on the ipod you grabbed, thanks for sharing.

Having been a boy earlier I can assure you they were not thinking at all. This is just the way of the world. We use to do all kinds of rude shit to each other....ant try not to get caught...and we all survived and grew up despite it all.

BTW, Ivan, the highlight of my day now is the vision of what MAY have been on the ipod you grabbed, thanks for sharing.

thats jsut it. not all of them make it. maybe it really is survial of the fitest.

obviously, you don't have a kid yourself....

Personally, i'd like to know as a parent...If more for a "lecture" on caution and consequences...

totally agree

i would have agreed before i had my boys. now i hope to god if thye are using and being stupid about thier sexual choices i hope to god someone tells me.

no truer words...

Its more to protect them than "disciplining" them...

obviously, you don't have a kid yourself....

Personally, i'd like to know as a parent...If more for a "lecture" on caution and consequences...

at 15 we are not psycologicly prepared to make rational choices. i read some brain study or sum shit ;)

Having been a boy AND LATER A MAN ,I can assure you that we rarely contemplate consequences. This is just the way of the world. We still do all kinds of rude shit to each other....and try not to get caught...and we are surviving and maybe will grow up into some sort of a mature adult, whatever that is, despite it all.

there, i fixed your quote to reflect reality...

How much blow did they have? I don't know about Washington, but in many states possession of cocaine is a felony.

Ivan, I'm surprised by a few things:

1) I'm surprised that you would look in the student's Ipod in the first place. I wouldn't have. Isn't that personal property? Look who's Big Brother now!

2) Aren't there also laws that mandate that you HAVE to report this kind of thing? I imagine that if word got out that you found out about this and didn't report it, your job could be in danger.

3) I'm surprised that you would talk about this on a public forum. Seems like that could get you into trouble, too.

be careful, bro

Remarkably blase' attitude towards 15-year olds getting into coke on display here. Is this a bit of 70's era sentimentalism getting the best of folks, or....? Would the response be the same if the said coke happened to be consumed via crack-pipe or syringe? How 'bout heroin or meth?

Not my kids, not my problem, but an unscientific mental survey of the few people that I was aware of in high-school that were into coke or drugs of that strata reveals that ~80% turned into fucked-up losers of the highest order. Like "running off with all of the savings and all of the wife's painkillers to score more coke/meth/oxycontin when she's all of 24-hours post-op" [really happened]fucked up.

I know that getting older and putting considerations that rank above the maintenance one's mental image of one's own hipness are...like, a total downer, man...and don't jive well with the mental images of one's future elder-grooviness that one constructed as a teenager a long, long, long, long fucking time ago....but that's adulthood for you.

Remarkably blase' attitude towards 15-year olds getting into coke on display here. Is this a bit of 70's era sentimentalism getting the best of folks, or....? Would the response be the same if the said coke happened to be consumed via crack-pipe or syringe? How 'bout heroin or meth?

Not my kids, not my problem, but an unscientific mental survey of the few people that I was aware of in high-school that were into coke or drugs of that strata reveals that ~80% turned into fucked-up losers of the highest order. Like "running off with all of the savings and the wife's painkillers to score more coke/meth/oxycontin when she's all of 24-hours post-op" [really happened]fucked up.

I know that getting older and putting considerations that rank above the maintenance one's mental image of one's own hipness are...like, a total downer, man...and don't jive well with the mental images of one's future elder-grooviness that one constructed as a teenager a long, long, long, long fucking time ago....but that's adulthood for you.

:tup: