hard drive crash

G-spotter

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are getting a black screen with white wording that says it doesn't recognize your OS, then you need to fix your boot sectors. You can get a utility that does this for you. If you need this info, I'll send it to you on whatever computer you are on now.

PM me if you still need it.

Do not PM me if there is smoke coming out the back of the computer.

If you are getting a black screen with white wording that says it doesn't recognize your OS, then you need to fix your boot sectors. You can get a utility that does this for you. If you need this info, I'll send it to you on whatever computer you are on now.

PM me if you still need it.

Do not PM me if there is smoke coming out the back of the computer.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

god bless technical support :tup:

Find your original install CDs for the computer/OS. These will allow you to boot off CD and repair any boot sector problems. You have a good chance of recovering all your data if that's the only problem.

If you don't have such a CD, you can download a Linux distribution that is self-contained to boot from CD and boot up with it and mount the uncooperative drive.

You may need to change your boot priority in BIOS to get it to boot from a CD before trying to boot from HD.