Gas Station Diet

mtn_mouse

The key is to be as prepared as possible, so that you leave little to chance as far as your food choices go.

I never hit the road without packing along a PBJ sandwich, fruit, nuts, and a thermos of tea. For overniters, whether it be a road trip or a flight, I pack my cooler or suitcase with huge homemade salads and a frozen container of homemade lentils or chili(assuming there's a microwave somewhere at the other end of the trip.)

I'm probably a bit more obsessive about this than necessary, but the trade-off is that I never get that greasy, sickening fast-food hangover when I travel. Also saves a lot of money and the time that would be spent searching for edibles en route or at my destination, when I'm tired and just want to settle in with a good dinner.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I never hit the road without packing along a PBJ sandwich,

Not if you're coming to Canada.

She's done it!!! Scofflaw! :battlecage:

Don't try to get between me and my peanut butter. :noway:

(that didn't sound quite right, did it?)

Edited by Sherri

out of curiousity i once looked at the pre-made sandwiches they sell at 7-11. i found a hero sub that had some 1300 calories and 84 grams of fat!!! i was amazed they could even fit that many calories into one sandwich! personally, i don't think you can trust the majority of pre-made foods out there. manufacturers simply want to produce something they think will taste good and will sell. your health never comes into the picture.