RuMR

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sobo confirmed. BSCE '88 :tup:

Just so you know, I was just about to do the same post. wfinley got me thinkin' about it. Glad you got on it, as I have a meeting to get to now.

Ring in here, all you Hokies out there!!!!!1

Didn't know TLG was a Hokie. I hear RobBob is too, altho he ain't been 'round these heah parts in a coon's age.

ryland_moore, you went to VaTech, dincha?

hey Sobo...

I don't know if you've heard yet, but Prof. Loganathan was one of the shooting victims...I had him for fluid mechanics...man, it was just a whacked event for me that could have happenend anywhere until i heard about him on CNN last night...

he was a great instructor...

Edited by RuMR

I graduated in '95. Back in the day I used to ride to the New in the back of RuMR's van that spewed exhaust fumes with others from the climbing club. I was a total newbie and RuMR a skinny bolt clipper who would put up "easy" 5.11s for the beginners in the climbing club (we could do maybe the first 2 or 3 moves). The only reason RuMR and the other founders started the club was so they could meet girls.

Good times... I'll always remember the climbing friends and various climbing trips I made while in Blacksburg; hopefully the people involved in the shootings will remember better days then what's on their mind now.

No, I went to Sewanee (University of the South) down in Tennessee, but grew up in Roanoke and both parents went to Va Tech, so by association, I am a Hokie. My parents still have season tickets for football and head down every weekend from Smith Mountain Lake for the games and tailgating....Almost went there for grad school but chose oregon instead. Hokie! Hokie! Hokie! Hi ! Tech, Tech, VPI!

hokie.png

i'm a cavalier, so i'll be very haughty to all ya'll beyotches now while conveniently overlooking the fact that we can't seem to beat ya'll at a damn thing

We'll forgive you. :ass: Cville produced some fine climbers as well and I spent many high school afternoons bouldering at Mormans; know of any other UVa / Cville people on CC.com?

i'm a cavalier, so i'll be very haughty to all ya'll beyotches now while conveniently overlooking the fact that we can't seem to beat ya'll at a damn thing

We'll forgive you. :ass: Cville produced some fine climbers as well and I spent many high school afternoons bouldering at Mormans; know of any other UVa / Cville people on CC.com?

not a one - everyone looked at me like i was a lunatic when i told 'em i was heading for the left coast - guess they thought humpback rocks was The Edge!

nevermind, i googled

and, having googled on the subject, did you ask yourself the same question many a man might have asked?

why in the fuck name yourself after a ball-less, brain-less bird?

the wahoo, on the other hand, is a most admirable creature to emulate...

nevermind, i googled

and, having googled on the subject, did you ask yourself the same question many a man might have asked?

why in the fuck name yourself after a ball-less, brain-less bird?

Well, UCI named themselves after the Bannana Slug. I always admired them for that.

Ben can answer that question:

"For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

"With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our Country . . .

"I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America . . . He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on."

there's

thelawgoddess

me

wfinley

sobo, i think?

who else??

UVA is a second rate school compared to Tech, bitch...

Although a Hokie, growingup in Va with a grandfather and two uncles who went to UVa, I always heard redneck jokes about tech, but not too much about the Wahoos, like "All dirt roads lead to tech..."

As an aside, I doubt he is on cc.com, but there is a pretty strong climber from UVa named sEli Helmuth. He is married to Majdka Burkhart (sp.?), from Climbing Magazine. Here is his Bio . Really nice guy too.