Advice

smiller

if you were to graduate college with an offer from a good company and the position was a dream position, would you

A. still move out to seattle because you really want to live there

B. stay in boston (Another city you love, but not as much as seattle) for a year or two and get the good experience, money, and a good reference. Then move to seattle.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you were to graduate college with an offer from a good company and the position was a dream position, would you

B. stay in boston (Another city you love, but not as much as seattle) for a year or two and get the good experience, money, and a good reference. Then move to seattle.

B. Get the experience. Then move.

B. But make sure you limit yourself to the time. You could be asking yourself in 5 years...."why haven't I moved?"

I'd say follow your heart.

If it were me, I'd move to Seattle. Let me be honest...as a new grad, your so called "dream job" is about half a step up from 'intern'. Entry level jobs are the same everywhere. So unless you are really lucky and this is some one-of-a-kind job that you would have no hope in hell of landing anywhere else, then the choice is obvious.

There is no dream blowjob. No matter how cool it starts out, it is still a blowjob, something you have to do. You may enjoy your blowjob, but I doubt any blowjob is worth trashing my life for.

But hey, that's just me.

Yeah, speak for yourself.

Going to college in a town and living there as a working professional are two totally different experiences. I do believe you can have a dream position right out of college-I had one, but unfortunately the space shuttle blew up a couple of weeks after the offer was made so the job was going to disappear until they'd figured the whys/hows/etc-so if the one in Boston is it for you, give it a go. You can always move west later.

Spend a couple of years at the dream job and really see how much of a dream job it is. Boston is not Seattle by a long shot, but it still a halfway decent city and climbing in New England is good, especially if you like ice. After moving from Maine to Seattle, there was no way in the world that you would be able to get me back to the East coast. West is the best!

There is no dream job. No matter how cool it starts out, it is still a job, something you have to do. You may enjoy your job, but I doubt any job is worth trashing my life for.

But hey, that's just me.

lol surprisingly it is a sweet job. already having a year of experience in my field gives me a leg up on not having to do the crap intern work.

thanks for the advice guys... most of you said what i was thinking, but of course i needed someone else to tell it to me