Gimme Some Skins

Wired_Knut

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used both Ascention and Montana and found them to be equivalent as far as climbing and snow glop goes. However, Acsention glue rocks and all other glues suck. I barely got one season out of the Montana's before I had to reglue them. I did so with Ascention glue and am still fat and happy. If the new skis are even close to shaped it'll be worth your while to buy them big and then trim them at the waist as opposed to the old school adage about buying your skins a mm or so narrower than the ski's waist

I know it is a beautiful Saturday but this is what moving reduces one to; taking breaks to mess about on the internet!

I couldn't help but ask if anyone else has ever used the hook half of 2 inch velcro to make skins with. I realize that this is quite outdated but I just put a pair of skins my dad made about 20 years ago into a Goodwill box. Sewn loop at one end for ski-tip, couple of straps around the ski and an adjustable strap at the end which fits into the notch you ground into your ski tail. Pretty easy to make if you have any sewing skills at all and super cheap. They do not slide downhill but they stick like nothing else ever invented!

After writing this I just might keep these things as a conversation piece Hell, I still have the old skiis I used them on when I was a kid. Hmmmmm......

I hope that everyone else who ever posts to this goofy site is out enjoying one of the last groovy weekends this summer has to offer!!!!!