Happy Happy Joy Joy Video for Tax Time!

EWolfe

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No sweetie, it's the law. And besides that, where do you think the money comes from to set aside the parks we climb in? The roads we drive on? The schools we go to? The libraries we borrow from? The skateparks for kids? And on and on. If you don't want to pay to be a part of society, fine. But then don't use ANY of the benefits that people get as a result of paying taxes.

not to mention your moral duty.

WTF...I dont want to pay for Bushes war.

They don't care what your political beliefs are. At least file even if you don't pay. They will get the tax from you and less pentalties if you at least file. The game can go on for a while but you will pay.

Nice article on it.

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=taxresist17&date=20070417&query=tax

not to mention your moral duty.

WTF...I dont want to pay for Bushes war.

They don't care what your political beliefs are. At least file even if you don't pay. They will get the tax from you and less pentalties if you at least file. The game can go on for a while but you will pay.

Nice article on it.

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=taxresist17&date=20070417&query=tax

Well said.

There are a lot of things I wish I didn't have to support either, but it is not my choice where the money goes at the federal level. And I mean that I don't get to pick and choose each year where I want my money to go--although that would be nice. But Seahawk is right--you have to pay no matter what your beliefs are.

Found this interesting in the article, I wonder who these 45 numb nuts are. What a mess.

Another sign of interest is the introduction of legislation in Congress to allow people opposed to military spending on religious or moral grounds to have their tax dollars go to federal agencies not involved in defense.

The legislation, which has been introduced in every congressional session since 1972, is expected to have 45 co-sponsors this year, the largest ever, according to the National Campaign for a Peace Tax Fund, a Washington organization lobbying for the measure.

Found this interesting in the article, I wonder who these 45 numb nuts are. What a mess.

Another sign of interest is the introduction of legislation in Congress to allow people opposed to military spending on religious or moral grounds to have their tax dollars go to federal agencies not involved in defense.

It’s about time, let the folks who support the war and support the bush crime family put their money where their mouth is. That way I don’t have to pay for this non moral war and all the death surrounding it.

As far as taxes go. I challenge ANYBODY to find ANY law that’s states any of us have to pay taxes.

It’s about time, let the folks who support the war and support the bush crime family put their money where their mouth is. That way I don’t have to pay for this non moral war and all the death surrounding it.

As far as taxes go. I challenge ANYBODY to find ANY law that’s states any of us have to pay taxes.

Don't pay/File then just make sure you don't drop that soap in prison.

Edited by Seahawks

You think we are in a mess now??? Imagine if no one paid taxes. What a mess.

I never said that is was smart not to pay, just that there is no actual law stating we are required to pay.

I got a buddy who files taxes every year, but at the bottom of the form he uses. He writes $0, and this has been going on for over 7 years.

I never said that is was smart not to pay, just that there is no actual law stating we are required to pay.

I got a buddy who files taxes every year, but at the bottom of the form he uses. He writes $0, and this has been going on for over 7 years.

Probably not smart but at least he is filing. My quess is that he doesn't owe very much so they let it go. My brother in law makes alot and he get audited almost every year. They pick were they get the highest return on there audit dollars.

Agreed. But remember that the longer one doesn't pay, the larger the amount owed becomes. And the larger the penalties. And the IRS does charge interest on amount and penalties owed. It used to be 12%, but it has probably gone up from there. They are happy to seize your assets if your income doesn't cover your debt. It is a risky game to play.

Agreed. But remember that the longer one doesn't pay, the larger the amount owed becomes. And the larger the penalties. And the IRS does charge interest on amount and penalties owed. It used to be 12%, but it has probably gone up from there. They are happy to seize your assets if your income doesn't cover your debt. It is a risky game to play.

I did taxes for a large Nursery (plants) a while back, they didn't pay taxes. over a couple years this grew into an enourmous amount with penalties and interest. The IRS was going to pierce the corporate veil of the company to go after the owners assets personally since he was the one signing the checks. I know they eventually took the all the property and nursery from him. I never heard if they got his personal assets but they were after them.

Edited by Seahawks

That would, of course, depend on how the company had been set up. If it was an LLC, LLP, or C corp, they gov't could not go after personal assets.

been so long cant remember but it might have been S corp. I just remember being straight out of college and being amazed that they could get around the Viel of the company.

Found this out there.

Most people think that once they have incorporated they have no personal liability .. that is simply not true.

Incorporating your business is only one step in protecting your personal assets from the creditors of your corporation. When courts impose liability on individuals for the actions of the corporation, this is called "Piercing the Corporate Veil." In order to avoid personal liability for debts and other acts of the corporation you must run your corporation like the distinct entity that it is.

While it is impossible to tell you everything you must do to avoid personal liability for debts and other obligations of the corporation, as different courts may choose to apply varying factors in varying degrees, we can give you a solid foundation of information.

First, the corporate veil is always disregarded by courts for criminal acts of the officers, shareholders, or directors of a corporation. Further, federal and state tax laws generally impose personal liability on those individuals responsible for filing sales and income tax returns for the corporation.

For most other matters, the corporate veil is most often pierced by courts in situations where the shareholders of a corporation disregard the legal separateness of the corporation and the corporation acts as nothing more than an alter ego for the shareholders' own dealings. Courts often consider many factors in determining whether or not to pierce the corporate veil.